Reprogramming i30 keyless remote

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
bvgetiw943
Car: 1996 i30

So I've read all over the internet on how to reprogram my kelyess entry remote (96 infiniti i30), but for some reason it's not working..

When i insert the key into the ignition cylinder 6+ times in ten seconds the hazards are supposed to flash, but they don't. Im inserting the key in all the way and removing it completely each time, so it should make the hazards flash right??

Is there some sort of fuse in the fuse box that deals with the keyless remote system or is there something i'm doing wrong? This is extremely frustrating!!!!

ps. About a month ago I removed my bose head unit to get it repaired. Would there be any correlation between my head unit and the keyless stuff?

loystock
Car: 10 Pilot, 97&03 Q45s, 97 I30 and 06 M35 Sports (04 G35 & 99 I30-RIP)

Here's a procedure from the FAQ 'sticky' on top of this forum, courtesy off 'jeffadamshti.' I don't think the Bose headunit removal will affect the key fob programming.

I de-programed it, here is how to fix it if anyone ever needs to re-program a nissan key fob. Car is still stalling, could it be ECU, radio face went dead, still plays but its so hot..? Might be fule filter.

I recently had to replace my remote, but I was unable to find anywhere on the Web the instructions for registering the remote unit with the car's computer. I eventually obtained the following instructions from an Infiniti Dealer and I have posted them below.

1.Get in & lock the doors2.Insert the key into the ignition 6 times within 15 seconds3.Hazard lights should flash4.Put key back into the ignition & turn to Accessory5.Press the master door lock (on drivers door arm rest) unlock/lock6.Hit the lock button on the remote7.Hazards should flash8.Pull key out and open the drivers door and then close it9.It should be set

These instructions worked perfectly for me. If you have more than one remote, I believe that you repeat step 6 for each remote before performing step 8. However, I have not tried registering more than one remote.

bvgetiw943

For some reason this procedure isn't working for my car

1.Get in & lock the doors2.Insert the key into the ignition 6 times within 15 seconds (yes, I fully insert the key and fully remove the key)3.Hazard lights should flash (MINE DON'T FLASH)....

Is there a fuse that deals with the keyless entry??

loystock

I have several questions for you:

Do you have a working remote control before this event? Is the battery voltage in the remote control in spec (2.5-3 VDC)?

Check the following fuses - #11 (10A) for the Multi-Remote Relay HAZARD signal in BCM (Body Control Module); #19 (7.5A) Ignition ACC/ON signal to BCM and #40 (7.5A) Key Switch signal to BCM.

Are the Hazards lights working? Is the Security LED working (blinking normally; steady when anti theft system is armed; off when ignition is turned on). The operation/programming of the remote control may also be affected by the Door Switch, Remote Control Antenna (rear window defogger), hood and trunk switches, etc.

bvgetiw943

Thanks for the response. To answer your questions:

-Just checked fuses #11,#19, #40 and they're are all good

-Hazards are working----The Security LED is NOT blinking at all when i'm in the car with the doors shut and locked like it used to.

-Door Switch, rear window defogger, hood and trunk switches are all functioning properly

bvgetiw943

...oh yea and the remotes were working fine before I had the car battery disconnected for a few days to remove the Bose HU.

loystock

You may have a problem with the Antil-Theft System and/or the Multi Remote Control System of the Nissan IVMS (In Vehicle Multiplex System) a.k.a. LAN (Local Area Network). The IVMS uses the BCM as the master controller and works with Local Control Units (Door Control Switches, LCU 01-04 and Multi Remote Control Unit, LCU 05 located in the trunk), remote control antenna and various switches/sensors, etc for the power door lock, anti-theft, security, etc.

Troubleshooting the IVMS is usually done at the dealership but you can do it on your own. To do so requires a lot of reading, patience in addition to use of multimeter and knowledge of wiring diagram and wire color coding. So let me know if you want to fix it yourself

bvgetiw943

I'd like to fix it myself. I'm sure the dealer would charge an arm and a leg. What's involved

loystock

Here's a copy of the FSM for the 96 I30. Read thru the IVMS System Description, then Remote Control System and Anti Theft System. Once you know the operation of the aforementioned systems and component location, use the built-in IVMS Diagnostic procedure to isolate the problem. Most likely you have a problem related to the Anti Theft System since the Security LED indicates a problem. Pay attention to the BCM, LCU05 and remote control antenna and connector as well as the door hood and trunk switches.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/i30/1996_I30/el.pdf

Good luck and let me know if you need additional help.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”