Replacing stock BOSE speakers

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Nick2010

just like other Rogue with Bose System owners, I'm not very impressed with this sound system. I'm surprise BOSE let this happen. In today's standard, other manufacturers stock radio are much better than the Bose system on Nissan Rogue.

I'd like to do some upgrade but does not really want to change the head unit since it does have Satellite Radio and GPS. I would like to try to replace the speakers and just wondering if anybody have done this and if it's worth a try.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Dude you should search the site first. This has been covered extensively in several threads, complete with detail photos.

Nick2010

Rogue One wrote:Dude you should search the site first. This has been covered extensively in several threads, complete with detail photos.
I did but all the threads I saw was for non BOSE systems. One post did mention he have a Bose system and he mentioned that all he hear from his 6 x 9 on the front doors are base and everything is coming from the center speakers and the 2 tweeters, now that got me really confuse and plus I already ordered my 6 x 9s and is scheduled for delivery today.

NikNok
Car: 2015 Rogue SL AWD
2006 X-trail SE (got fender bender write-off)
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Sport with EyeSight

Its worth it. I got stock bose on my 11 SL & didn't change the door speakers until 2 months ago with JBL GTO 628 (rear doors) & JBL GTO 928 (front doors)...they sounded better than the stock using the same HU & the 6x9s front are base but all 4 speakers that I replaced are all 2-way & 2ohms.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Nick2010 wrote:
Rogue One wrote:Dude you should search the site first. This has been covered extensively in several threads, complete with detail photos.
I did but all the threads I saw was for non BOSE systems. One post did mention he have a Bose system and he mentioned that all he hear from his 6 x 9 on the front doors are base and everything is coming from the center speakers and the 2 tweeters, now that got me really confuse and plus I already ordered my 6 x 9s and is scheduled for delivery today.
Then you missed this... post6479750.html?hilit=speakers#p6479750
Rogue One wrote:
Qashqai wrote:Hi Yev. Sorry for the confusion. I have a Nissan Rogue and my nick name is Qashqai (I know it is stupid, but in Qashqai forums, my nick is Rogue :chuckle: )

In 2011, the Rogue SL has BOSE and its woofer inside the spare tire. If you are right, it means I have the harness for the BOSE woofer? wow. So in theory, if I change the head unit and find a woofer, I will have a BOSE system?
I doubt it. The Bose HU sends a balanced signal to the rear amp, and there's an additional amp for the sub. Check for an amp under your rear seats.
My reply in that quote is important info need when trying to swap out BOSE equipment. Then there's the BOSE related info in this one... installing-aftermarket-speakers-t449536 ... t=speakers
Leo2005 wrote:Information was taken from http://www.metraonline.com
Without Bose:
Speaker Specifications
Location Size Depth
Front Speaker 6X9 3
Front Tweeter 1 1
Rear Speaker 6.5 3

With Bose:
Speaker Specifications
Location Size Depth
Front Speaker 6X9 3
Front Tweeter 1 1
Rear Speaker 6.5 3
Center Speaker 3 2
Subwoofer 6.5 2
And just for giggles here's one other...
Rogue One wrote:From the Bose website:
Q. Can I get a list of technical specifications?
A. No, because our custom-engineered, complete system solutions largely supersede conventional audio measurements. Even some basic building blocks have been redefined—including amplifiers, speakers and equalizers. But most importantly, our integrated systems deliver results significantly different from those of conventional systems with individual, unmatched components. With a Bose automotive sound system, the location and design of the speakers can be much more important factors in determining output than a wattage power rating. The bottom line? The best way to test a Bose system's sound quality is to use your ears, not a list of specifications.

Hmm, Smoke and mirrors comes to mind. :bs:

Nick2010

thanks but I've read all those threads, I've been browsing about this subject for the past 2 days.

@NikNok- thanks for the info, you answered most of my question on your first sentence. I have worked on the Rogue's front door panel before (installed my side mirror LED) and I think I can replace the 6x9s easily, any "gotcha" I need to watch out for on the rear door panel? how's the fit on the JBL GTO628? Also, did you just replaced the speaker and did not install any additional amp?

Rogue Three
Car: 2012 FWD Rogue SL
2014 Dodge Durango R/T

My front right speaker actually blew out in my 2012 SL. Luckily, it's under warrantee.

Nick2010

Rogue Three wrote:My front right speaker actually blew out in my 2012 SL. Luckily, it's under warrantee.
sorry to hear that, was it stock? or something you've replaced?

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

Considering he said its under warranty, I think he means his stock speaker...

Rogue Three
2014 Dodge Durango R/T

Yeah, stock. I never turn it up all the way, may be half at best. I think the cone just came apart.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

:wtf2:

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

Good ol BOSE quality....

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

iv always managed to blow out stock BOSE speakers lol then i get that stupid crunching paper sound LOL

Rogue Three
2014 Dodge Durango R/T

A quick trip to Connell Nissan in SoCal revealed what I had suspected, the speaker is blown. It's under warrantee, which is sweet.

For the complete bonus, I brought a 5qt of Mobil 1 full synthetic and a Bosch oil filter along to get my oil changed while it was in for the stereo. They changed the oil like I asked, for free. Winning!

NikNok

Nick2010 wrote:thanks but I've read all those threads, I've been browsing about this subject for the past 2 days.

@NikNok- thanks for the info, you answered most of my question on your first sentence. I have worked on the Rogue's front door panel before (installed my side mirror LED) and I think I can replace the 6x9s easily, any "gotcha" I need to watch out for on the rear door panel? how's the fit on the JBL GTO628? Also, did you just replaced the speaker and did not install any additional amp?
Still using the original Bose amp & the speakers fits properly with no adapters needed. Make sure your windows are down when you install just to be on the safe side. Also you might need to drill a screw hole on the door depending on the speaker you are getting.

Igg

Niknok,

Were you able to find tweeters to replace the ones in the front corner or did you kept those stock?

Crutchfield has mostly the front & rear with some 3.5 that supposedly fit the center

NikNok

stock. I just replaced the door speakers.

Return to “Rogue Forum”