Replacing rear disc rotors on 2006 Quest S, any tips?

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Bofaking
Car: 2006 Nissan Quest S

Planning on replacing them tomorrow. Have nice EBC slotted rotors and pads. Have changed brakes on all my Nissans in past but getting some weird info online about it the Quest. Anyone run into problems doing this on a Quest? Should be pretty straight forward. Remove caliper, rotors should come right off, put new pads on, compress caliper piston (don't think I need special tool C clamp should work), put new rotors on, bolt up caliper..... Right? Any tips would be awesome.

speedeast
Car: 1990 240sx VH45 FB & 1993 300zx

Calipers should be labeled one side from the other as they're not the same. Just make sure they're right and all else should be golden.

Edit: I meant Rotors, not Calipers. Slotted rotors are typically directional.
Last edited by speedeast on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

speedeast, he's not going to completely remove the calipers off the system... just to replace pads/rotors... you can usually unbolt the caliper, then hang it out of your way while you replace the rotors/pads...

to the OP, you have a parking brake shoe set inside the rotor hat...

sure, you can compress the pistons with a c-clamp just like the fronts; but getting the rotors off requires you to follow some steps (like disengage the parking brake, back off the adjuster, etc...)

instead of me listing the procedures, here's the following Factory Service Manual from this awesome site: :dblthumb:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/quest/2006_Quest/br.pdf

start at page BR-34 :whistle:

sorry to be late; if you posted in the quest section, i would have answered quicker :inoutgay:

Return to “Quest Forum”