Replacing motor mounts on a 1988 Maxima

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
lowpost99
Car: 88' Nissan Maxima V6 3.0L 58K mi. previous owner was ma dukes, she's all mine now, and is still in pretty good mechanical shape.

I want to replace my motor mounts due to heavy vibrations(knocking at high speeds) Can someone help me locate my motor mounts in the compartment, above and/or below and advise on their replacement techniques?

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

I don't have any manuals on the 88. Can you post some pictures of your engine bay? That way we can try to point them out to you.

On the later models, there are 4 mounts. 2 on the left and right side of the engine bay (one mounts to the trans and the other to the engine). 2 come up from the lower cross memeber and attach near the exhaust manifolds.

lowpost99
Car: 88' Nissan Maxima V6 3.0L 58K mi. previous owner was ma dukes, she's all mine now, and is still in pretty good mechanical shape.

Np. I will get that posted this evening about 6:30EST. I also have a diagram from AdvAutoparts which is supposed to indicate the locations as well. Thanks for your help in advance.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”