replace rear wiper blade ??

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
soxypoo
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 ( gone )
2010 red G37X w/sportpackage
2012 sentra ser spec v loaded

hi guys and gals my wife drive 2009 murano SL and the rear wiper blade need to replace bad , she has the car for over a year now and seem like i can't find where to get the blade and how to replace it. Has anyone replace it ? or i should just bring it to the dealer ??? i replace the front blades with bosch icon and it is the best much better than rain-x

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

I have tried Rain-x for about a year as my windshield wipers and there OK but not the best. I haven't tried OEM but I want to so I would go with that.

tunes4life
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano SL

2009 Muranos are easier than the earlier models (at least what I've heard) but still a bit of a pain in the a**. Here is the easiest way:

1. Remove the black plastic piece that covers the wiper arm bolt. This plastic piece is right at the right angle where the wiper arm meets the motor shaft. This can be popped off just using your hand.

2. Once the plastic piece is removed, you can see a single #9 bolt that is holding the wiper arm onto the shaft. Remove it.

3. The arm will be FIRMLY in place. Once the bolt is removed the wiper arm will most likely still be stuck. You will need to firmly jiggle the arm for it to pop off. Please be careful not to apply too much force because the arm will break.

4. Once the arm has been removed you can turn the wiper to a 90 degree angle to the arm and it will pop off.

5. Replace the wiper blade with a new one. Note even though a 14" replacement looks larger it will still fit on the window. The new one will pop into place.

6. Replace the wiper arm onto the shaft and reinstall the bolt. Don't torque it down too much yet.

7. Once the arm is back on and the bolt is snug, go turn the wiper on and make sure that it is vertically in the right position. It should end up even on the window on both sides of the motion arc. If it is not, unscrew the bolt and move it a little.

8. Once it is in the right place, tighten the bolt down firmly, replace the black plastic piece, and ur good to go.

That's it!

soxypoo
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 ( gone )
2010 red G37X w/sportpackage
2012 sentra ser spec v loaded

wow.... nice wirte up thank alot man happy holiday

nafddur
Car: Nissan Maxima, Nissan Murano

Exact same procedure as on first gen Mos, except a nut has to come off instead of a bolt to remove the rear wiper assembly. Granted, it's a bit of a PITA compared to replacing most wiper blades. But, like many maintenance procedures, once you do it the first time, you see how easy it really is. After the first time, it should only take a few minutes to replace the rear wiper blade.

gotbst05

i went to the dealer and paid $15 for the little PITA. it was an easy replacement. just popped the black cover off, loosened the 10mm bolt, removed the wiper arm assembly, popped off the blade, replaced it and did reinstalled the wiper arm assembly. it took all of about 5 minutes in 8 degree weather and snow.

Return to “Murano Forum”