Replace blower amp

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
elaner
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Can anyone tell me where the blower amp is located on a 2009 Rogue? Thanks.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

elaner wrote:Can anyone tell me where the blower amp is located on a 2009 Rogue? Thanks.
BLOWER RELAY: http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page_Pro ... nlPartList

elaner

Thanks Rogue One. But I'll be darned if I can find this. Is it accessed from the driver's side - under the dash? Whereabouts? And is it relay 25224YA? This relay is also called the blower amp?

Qashqai

I can't help you about the part number of the relay, but the fuse box is in the engine compartment.

Open the hood and remove the air duct.

Here is a post that shows how to remove the air duct.

post6352862.html?hilit=remove%20air%20duct#p6352862

Once you remove the duct, find the two boxes next to the battery.

sprocket

elaner, can you clarify what you are referring to?

Is this for your the blower inside the car for your heat and air conditioning?
If so, are you referring to:
- blower relay inside fuse block that provides power to the blower motor when car is turned to ignition?
- fan control amp that varies the speed of the blower motor, based on signal from the A/C amp?
- A/C amp (3 knob control you interface with) that controls everything, including blower speed, mode actuators, etc

Or is this for your radiator fans?

elaner

I am referring to the HVAC blower inside the car which is not working; other functions (AC, recirculate air, etc. are working OK). I have found the blower relay inside the car in the fuse block. Now I want to find the fan control amp which, from what I have read, is the likely culprit.

The blower relay is very difficult to access from the fuse box access panel as the opening is too small. It seems you have to insert a screwdriver into a small tab to release the relay and there is no way to do that through the opening. Is there a trick to getting that relay out?

sprocket

That is what I thought ... your HVAC blower was not working, everything you need to look in to is going to be in the interior.

Do you know what is wrong yet?
Have a look at the FSM: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/2009/HAC.pdf

Page 28 shows the blower motor circuit.
Page 7 shows you the location of the fan control amp.
Page 57 - 62 shows schematic and pinout of each component.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend doing the simple stuff before pulling anything out. You'll need a voltmeter.
1) Check if both blower fuses are good
- if not, replace fuse

2) Check if the blower motor has power (which it gets from the fuses which you've already checked) above
- if not, then something is wrong between the blower motor and fuse. I'd try the relay first.

If the relay is fine (clicks on and provides power to the blower motor), then the fault lies on the blower motor ground path (either the fan control amp or the PWM control signal is not working. An analog voltmeter would work great to look at PWM signals because you just want to see that the needle pulses!)

The FSM should help you out quite a bit.

justbecause
Car: 11 Frontier, 09 Rogue.

apparently I cant read a diagram.

I have my dash and glove box pulled apart and I dont see a blower motor, do I have to go deeper than just removing the HVAC control/radio and dash vents?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

yes. the radio/vents/a/c control are not going to expose enough.

justbecause
Car: 11 Frontier, 09 Rogue.

ImStricken06 wrote:yes. the radio/vents/a/c control are not going to expose enough.

thanks, I found another set of instructions on another site...
it had that I had to remove the gas and brake pedals. I am not confident doing that.

nissan wants almost 500 bucks to replace the whole fan blower assembly. they told me the fan isnt usually far behind the relay.... 55k miles on the car.

I can find fan assemblys for $75, nissan wants 250.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

hit up a local shop. why go to the stealership?

ItWontGiveUp
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

This morning I did a standard oil change and when I was done, the blowers were no longer working. I can't for the life of me think of anything I may have dislodged or unplugged in the engine bay that would have caused this. Does anyone on this thread have any ideas?

After the oil change, I did take a rag and wipe down the plastic covers in the engine bay. But I can't see anything unplugged or otherwise disturbed.

Return to “Rogue Forum”