Removing FGY33 Rear Bumper Assembly

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
tfvesquire
Car: 1998 Q45

Hi All. Happy 2015.

I was wondering if anyone on here has personally removed their rear bumper assembly and could walk me thru any problems they encountered. I have a 1998 that I would like to finally replace the butchered rear bumper cover assembly that was previously hit and half a** fixed before I bought the car.

I looked thru the FSM and located all the bolts/nuts, but wanted to post a quick thread to see if anyone has had success removing a 16 year old bumper without snapping a bunch of bolts off. If I can get the underside of my car cleaned up, I intend on spraying all the nuts/bolts I can get to with PB Blaster and let them soak several days. I know there are four inside the trunk that are accessed by removing the rubber grommet covers. The others are accessed by getting underneath the car unless you can access them thru each rear well (inside the trunk).

Any advice or pointers from members who did this (not that had a shop do it) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Ted

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”