Remote Start issue 2002 anyone else have it or get around it

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
njcobra10tha

I just had a remote starter installed and everything is good but 1 thing:

When you remote start it you cannot insert the key unless you stop the remote start by hitting brakes or button on remote. Then you can turn the key. This is very annoying - the key just won't turn otherwise.

Anyone else experience this, get around this?

thanks

Dan

captn cookie
Car: 1996 Nissan 2.4 hardbody 4x4 king cab

What remote start did you choose to install ie.... viper or what other name brand? Next question is it a one way or two way? Who installed it? and most important what rig was it installed on?

njcobra10tha

2002 Q45
Viper Responder One 2 way Remote Start
Independent installer I have used for years.

captn cookie

I have not researched it nor the car but could be possible that a it wasn't keyed or the bypass is no good or faulty. You see that in cheap products not as much in a Viper product. If you purchased the product separate from the installers location or business; then I would contact Viper and explain the situation. If your installer is certified M.E.C.P then there is usually not a problem but they do kind of stray away from just a knowledgeable installer. I will check wiring diagram out on your car and the viper set up and see what I can come up with. I would have your independent installer double check his work. Not doubting quality but we are human and we do tend to make small mistakes from time to time.

captn cookie

If you are knowledgeable enough to check his work and not want to bother him or them then check this link out for your car http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring ... /1086.html
What was the model number for viper set? If that site is not to your liking try http://www.the12volt.com/ both are reputable sites.

njcobra10tha

Installer is top notch and upon googling I have found other people with the same problem.

It's odd because I can do a valet takeover (Car running, hit button, remove key car stays on) then come back to car and put key in, but if car is started without key in it you cannot turn the key until you stop the car.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”