remote programming 95-99 Maxima & I30

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
AntiIdTheft

Keyless Remote Entry transmitter information:

FCC ID: A269ZUA078

ISC: 700 K1359

3 Volt Battery: CR 2025

The battery cost is reportedly about $3 at Radio Shack for one battery,

and it may be lower at Walmart if they have them in stock or the cross-referenced battery.

My 1996 Infiniti I30 had different numbers than those above it, however that may be for the transmitter in the driver's visor for garage door openers or other devices.

Four-button remote:

Largest button, lock;

UNlock;

Horn, which needs to be pressed at least 5 straight seconds; and

trunk UN release

Memory/alarm programming allowed: up to 4 remotes if done at the same time

See instructions for programming more than one remote at a time.

To make sure that no previously programmed remotes work, it's best to program the same remove 5 times if you just have one remote.

If you have 2 remotes, then program them 5 times, with the last two being the current two remotes.

Remote control programming instructions for:

Nissan Maxima 1995 through 1999

Infiniti I30's 1995 through 1999

These remote programming instructions may work for other remotes BEFORE 2000.

Special note: Some modern remotes are battery hogs. They may be just under 3 volts if you read them with a high-quality battery tester.

However to the remote, that's far closer to a dead battery than a new one. It starts reducing it's effective range from the car to work.

It may work, then not work again when pressed shortly after the first signal was send.

The remote might have worked over 100 away from the car if there were no obstructions, or sources of interference such as fluorescence lights, metal buildings, etc.

When the battery is low, the effective or working range may drop to 30 feet or less,

and features like sound horn that needs the button to be depressed for at least 5 seconds

will be the first to stop working. Don't mistake this for a bad or failing remote.An FM signal is mainly line of sight.

I bought a used 1996 Infiniti I30 without remote, and had to replace them by buying two on E-Bay. However the instructions mailed with the remote were wrong.

I modified the instructions that were sent ... based upon information from another E-bay seller who specializes in selling used remotes. He says that these instructions should work for Infiniti I30's and Nissan Maxima's from 1995 through 1999.

1. Get in & lock the doors by the master door lock (on driver's door arm rest)2. Insert the key into the ignition up to 6 or more times within 15 seconds (Hint: Don't do it too fast, or it may not recognize what you are doing.

In a second, and then fully out a second, then fully in a second ...)3. You can stop inserting the key when the "hazard lights" start to flash4. Put key back into the ignition & turn it to the accessory position5. Press the master door lock (on driver's door arm rest) to unlock and then lock it again.6. Push the lock button on the remote.7. Then the hazard lights should flash

(Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 for EACH remote, BEFORE doing step 8.

8. Pull ignition key out and open the driver's door and then close the door.

9. It or they should be set now.

These modified instructions worked perfectly for me. If you have more than one remote, then you will need to repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 for each remote

before performing step 8. I have not tried registering more than two remotes, however I did repeat it 5 times to clear the 4 remotes in memory.

I'll have to repeat the process and may get two new batteries since one remote

only has a range of about 40 feet, the horn button does NOT work, and the remotes does not always activate the car, especially when pushed several times within a short period of time.

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”