RECALL NOTICE for 2007 350Z Clutch Slave

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
Quidproquo
Car: 2007 Carbon Silver 350Z Enthusiast

Nissan has issued a Voluntary service campaign on the 2007 350z mt clutch slave cylinder

Campaign ID p7252

Vehicles that qualify"

JN1BZ34**7M500002 to 552786JN1BZ36A*7M650021 TO 654836

Call 1800 nissan 1 w/ your vin # to see if it qualifies.. Some letters regarding this issue have been received by 350Z customers already.

PerfectApex
Car: 2007 Grand Touring Coupe 350Z & 1999 Viper GTS-R (700hp)

Thanks for posting this. Good info. I just called the dealer since my vin falls within. He shows the info but not aware yet whats involved on the service. Said he will call back today after researching it. Thanks again. Bringing the car in tomorrow. Service tech has the parts and will have the car for the afternoon. My clutch is fine now but I have seen many on here complain about clutch problems.

Modified by PerfectApex at 6:54 AM 1/16/2008
Modified by PerfectApex at 1:55 PM 1/16/2008

bmike818
Car: 2007 Z

just got my letter, going to bring my Z in this weekend

PerfectApex
Car: 2007 Grand Touring Coupe 350Z & 1999 Viper GTS-R (700hp)

Got it done and it took them about 3 hours. Smooooth!

2doggs
Car: 2007 Touring Roadster/Magnetic Black

We received the same notice yesterday. Peoria Nissan will service the car this Saturday. So far, no problems with the clutch. My husband said, probably due to low milage. The car was purchased May 5 and has less than 3K.

504 350z
Car: 2007 black 350z

my vin # fell in between the numbers that were posted on this thread so i called the 800 # for nissan. they ran my vin, and i am in the clear. it took about 5 min. and they will let you know if your car falls in the recall group or not.

007z
Car: 2007 350Z

Just received the recall notice. Did the recall fix the clutch issues? Can you tell anything changed? Thanks for the help.

samej82
Car: 2007 Nissan 350z

+1 I just got my letter today too, but I'm wondering if anyone noticed any changes? Different sound? Clutch pedal still drops?

NSRsheets
Car: 2009 Nismo 370Z #85,1993 Nissan 240sx RB25DET coupe, 2013 focus

Hopefully this will help fix some of the clutch problems for the 07.

Tommy K
Car: 2007 350Z

Just saw this yesterday, thanks for the 411. Droppin my baby off in 2 days. Had no trouble w/ the dealership at all. Any chance anybody knows exactly whats wrong w/ the slave cylinder??

samej82

it's said that the clutch pedal will become too light... so that it would become difficult to change gears. I was wondering if this new part will also solve the problem of the clutch pedal dropping to the floor at high rpm... some people suggested a damaged slave would cause the same problem.. if someone could let me know that'd be great otherwise I think I'm going to mention it also to the dealer when they take apart the car.

all4sho
Car: LOTS of Nissan's

there is a recall but the parts are not avaible from nissan they are on back order!.... sucks

Baluga
Car: 08 armada

I've just joined the forum 4 hrs ago...I have a 2005 350Z with less than 7000 miles, Stick shift, since i bought it i can hear noise in the tranie when on neutral. its sounds like the trow out bearing is out of lube which you normally hear when you press on the clutch but the noise i have is the opposite, when i press the cluth pedal the noise is gone then when you release it makes noise tile there something loose parts inside or rubing metal to metal...i took it to the dealership and those F...people dont even test drive it or atleast sit on it and listen , they say thats one of the 6 speed charateristic of the transmission...does anyone has similar problems like mine?..please help...thanks..

all4sho
Car: LOTS of Nissan's

we have warranted 6 speed trans in the past for noise more than once it sounds like may be try a different dealer.some smaller dealers don't sell many Z cars or don't service many Z cars so the tech's don't know Z cars very well. we sell and service a good bit of Z cars but there a bulletin's about tranny noise.

cuffuup28
Car: 2007 Nissan 350Z

Just got mine done today, took about 2.5 hours . Shifts so much better, and has made the rattle/grind noise almost disappear . Dealer said (as if you can believe anything they say ), that due to the high performance clutch put into the Z, it will never be completely silent. Anyway, it's a hell of alot better than it was. Just barely hear any noise. Don't sound like your tranny is gonna fall out when stoped at a light anymore!

bmike818

So I finally got my car back, I got an oil change while I was at it. Guess what? they put freakin 10-30 oil in... its supposed to be 5-30...now I have to waste time and go back to the dealer just to change the freakin oil.

what the hell was the mechanic thinking?

barely drove it but I can tell a noticable difference in clutch action

DeepBlueHR
Car: 2007 Nissan 350 Z touring San Marino Blue Pearl

My Z didn't have a problem with the clutch but since I got the noticed I had it replaced at the dealership. Since I have had it back my 5th and 6th gear are tight. Sixth gear I had to force in. I have only driven it twice since I picked it up, so I hope the gears loosen up. The dealership said they had to drop my transmission to replace the clutch slave cylinder. When they reinstalled the tranny could it have made the gears tighter. Not sure what the clutch slave cylinder even looks like. Thanks for posting the recall.

WalkerT

The slave cylinder replacemnet should not tighten up your gear . Nor should dropping the tranny.

o0javi0o

I went to the dealer today, they said they were going also to replace the transmision. They said that 5th and 6th gear had some factory problems. I didnt notice any problem on it, they still have the car in the dealer waiting for the tran... Also they told me to do a 15K mile service, so my car could stay on waranty, I still only have 13900 miles. I bought the car in february/07. It is obligated to this service for waranty purposes? They also suggested, Air duct flush, power steering flush and everything that could be flushed in the car, whiper flush, seat flush, radio system flush, brain wash flush.

If somebody knows, this mile service, it is needed for waranty purposes?I was doing the oil change myself.

Waiting for car to give some feedback if any difference when clutch slave get replaced.

bkreitzer
Car: 2007 Nismo - Redline - #0550 - more info in my Bio

Baluga wrote:I've just joined the forum 4 hrs ago...I have a 2005 350Z with less than 7000 miles, Stick shift, since i bought it i can hear noise in the tranie when on neutral. its sounds like the trow out bearing is out of lube which you normally hear when you press on the clutch but the noise i have is the opposite, when i press the cluth pedal the noise is gone then when you release it makes noise tile there something loose parts inside or rubing metal to metal...i took it to the dealership and those F...people dont even test drive it or atleast sit on it and listen , they say thats one of the 6 speed charateristic of the transmission...does anyone has similar problems like mine?..please help...thanks..
My '07 350 Nismo exhibits the same behavior and is now making popping sounds at low/med RPMs when getting into 1st and 2nd gear.

I called Nissan and my VIN does not qualify for the recall...

I called a few dealerships, Courtesy Nissan in North Dallas, and they said the sounds we hear are probably not typical. I would take it to them but I live in LA, not Dallas.

I then called Downtown LA Motors... another Nissan dealership and they also said that the sounds are not normal, esp. with 2200 miles.

Lastly, I called Santa Monica Nissan and they said that the sounds are normal on the newer version of the Z's (07 -08) as the transmissions are newer. I think that I will schedule a test drive with a tech... and have to take a 1/2 day off for this... grr...

Any thoughts from anyone???

bmike818

The new GTR has some weird sounds too when idling... you tube. If your VIN does not match with the ones in the recall means that they installed the corrected part when manufactured. I really didnt like the fact that my transmission was removed in a new car.

After the part was installed, I still here some sounds when at idle. Oh well, I still have 12K on my warranty.

samej82

I still have "the sound" after the recall part was installed. My clutch doesn't drop to the floor during a burnout anymore though, so I guess it works.

DR350Z

Does anybody have any info on where this voluntary service bulletin is documented by Nissan? My '07 falls within the VIN #s listed on the OP, but I called the dealer and he said this doesn't apply to my vehicle.

Any thoughts?

My 6MT is sticking about halfway up when I let up on the pedal from a stop light, it's done this twice in the last week. It still gets me going, but I imagine it isn't engaged all of the way and the pedal pops right up if I slip my foot under it to pull it up a bit.

I'll be taking the car into the dealer when I return from a trip next week, just wanted to be prepared....not looking forward to replacing the clutch with 16k miles on the car (and only 3k after I purchased it).

DR350Z

For reference, the day after posting my original response the clutch slave died after my roommate dropped me off at the airport. The dealer covered the repair under warranty and admitted it was actually part of the service bulletin.

Car is already back in the garage and the clutch pedal action is like new. It's like nothing ever happened!

Cheers!

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”