Rebuilding my Ka24De

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Saam

When the you do a motor re-build what do you tend to replace? I have never gotten a clear answer on this matter. Also, I am getting a Gude Head Package which should give me 40hp to the wheels. I talked to Gude and they told me that if i also replaced the rods and then later added a thicker headgasket to lower compression that i would have a setup that would be good for 400hp. What do you think of that idea?

I personally would like to do a rebuild that would alow me to run 350 hp with out worrying about the motor. The motor has 115 thousand miles on it right now. I want to make the motor completely safe to run boost. Whats your imput on this matter, would really like your help!!

Thanks a million...

Saam

P.s. Heres another idea what about rebuilding the motor using stock bottom end and just doing the head? use lower compression pistons and rebuild the head? would that be safe for 350 or do i risk messing up a rod?

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

Well, I would encourage you to go to http://www.executivecleancar.com/240 that is chris mays 400+ hp KA. Look at his mods he has done, however he doesnt have Carrillo rods or Arias Pistons anymore, he has Crower rods and JE 8.5:1 Pistons. Also take a look at my Signature, that has everything I have done internally so far on my engine, which is being prepped to run 350+ hp and not have to worry about bending a rod or destroying internals.

Stock we have pretty decent rods and pretty decent pistons, and they are good for people who have bolt on turbo kits not running more than 10-ish lbs of boost, howver if you want to go over that and not have to rebuild the motor down the road, save up your money, and do everything right.

When you put a turbo on an engine that wasnt built for a turbo, without changing the internals to support such a modification, your going to blow something up if you dont watch the psi.

Rick

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”