Rear Window

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
revhein

I am close to buying the Rogue SL AWD, but I am concerned about the rear window visibility. I'd like to hear from anyone who has had their Rogue for awhile and how limiting this visibility really is... or not.

Also, any info on reliability and repair history would be helpful. Thanks

RogueSeeker
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD & 1997 Ford F-150

I have gotten used to the visability. Personally, I think it forces you to be more aware of what's going on around you.

I have 6500 miles on my SL AWD and I have had no reliability issues. Also, I have not been affected by the transmission rattle that is occuring in some AWDs.

I'm still a very happy owner after just over 4 months.dk

revhein

I just read some of the transmission horror stories in the AWD's and now I am feeling more than a little uneasy about this issue. BTW, we use to live in Conover!!!!

RogueSeeker
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD & 1997 Ford F-150

Awsome! Small world.

I'd try to see if the dealer will let you keep the car overnight. Drive it a good bit and see what you think. And, listen closely for odd sounds:) I seem to think the transmission issue is caused by a bad batch of transmissions - not good transmissions turning bad. I had a 1993 Mustang years ago that I bought right out of college. Within the first year the rearend had to be replaced - and so did a lot of others.

I have really enjoyed the Rogue and feel it is still a solid choice against the RAV4, CRV and others.dk

roguetoad
Car: 08 SL AWD

Rear Window:

1) IMO it's much better than most other SUV's because it doesn't attract as muct dust, mud, and road goo as just about every other SUV or hatchback(at least without the spoiler).

2) You do learn to accommodate for visibility as said above. However, we leave our rear seat down 100% so are not really a good reference for rear viz.

Reliability:

1) At 1500 miles our fuel gauge went South.

2) Some annoying rattles.

3) The door sill issue.

4) A dealer that's really bad with paperwork (we're still waiting on it after two months.)

At this point: would we buy again? Definiely not from this dealer.

50/50 on if we'd get another Rogue since there are driving modes we've yet to try with it (long grades, slippery WX are a couple)

Probably not from Nissan due to all the paperwork problems plus the fact that we had to wait over six hours for Nissan to complete the closing. Probably should have walked on the deal. However, I this might be more of a dealer issue due to what's happened following delivery.

On the up side, it is comfortable for us and very good on gas for a semi-utility vehicle.

If we had a dealership nearer, I'd want to give a long look at some of the Korean products since they've improved so much and offer some alluring long-term features.

At the moment, Subaru has some good deals going and we've had lots of them during the years, but they're way behind the curve right now and having some problems.

For on-road vehicles we also have a Honda FIT and would seriously consider a CRV if it were a bit more utilitarian and the dealer was closer.

We've had lots of Toyotas (trucks & cars) but have seen their customer relations and reliability nosedive during the past five years.

We don't think there's anything out there by the big three, despite that we'd like to buy American. Then again, several brands are largely made in the USA.

Bottom line: In our 50+ years of owning/racing/rallying/dealing with cars (over 40 of them!) a lot of it comes down to the dealership. We will gladly forego some geegaws for a sales service and service program that cares for its customers.

The best criterion for a vehicle is: Can you look at or get in it every time and feel OK about it, for whatever reason. So your best answers come from the higher mileage owners.

HTH

[08 Phantom White SL AWD with Premium]

revhein

Did you consider the Honda CR-V? It looks pretty good as well.

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

this is one "problem" I don’t understand first rear view is perfect its just big mirror and small window second I don’t even remember when I checked rearview mirror I drive a truck to where I don’t heave any rearview glass but I don’t heave any problems !

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

revhein wrote:I am close to buying the Rogue SL AWD, but I am concerned about the rear window visibility. I'd like to hear from anyone who has had their Rogue for awhile and how limiting this visibility really is... or not.

Also, any info on reliability and repair history would be helpful. Thanks
Hi, I never noticed a problem?? with rear visibility..I still have to look regardless of the car or truck I use..

Buying a Rogue is a FINE idea. The gas mileage is phenominal and not the EPA estimate either..I just drove to the Wisconsin Dells from NW IndianaAveraged 30.4 mpg on the way there and 28.8 on the way back( stop and go Chicago traffic) 560 lbs of load too(two people and luggage)..avg speeds 65 to 70mph..

GET a 2008 and save 1150 over the cost of a 09..no feature gain there.Drive 1 hr to Ludington Nissan at the I-94 automall..Find Kathy Whitten. Mention President Bush sent ya and get a new Rogue at invoice less 500 rebate...drive it home- be happy

Of course I will be happy too..I get 100 for the referral.

Figure you only have a small timeframe before the deal dries up..When stock is depleted.

Reliability is great..note that you never hear much from those that have no problems..only those seeking help or fixes..and there are very few of those.

Modified by mstrmstr at 11:28 AM 8/12/2008
Modified by mstrmstr at 11:32 AM 8/12/2008

Ckcrain
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

i'm about to close a deal on the 2008 Rogue SL AWD w/ premium package, No leather. Now i'm wondering if I should wait another month for the 09.I think i'm getting a good deal at $24,200 out the door.Any advice from anyone out there?

orijin
Car: Nissan Rogue 2008 Silver SL AWD

Ckcrain wrote:i'm about to close a deal on the 2008 Rogue SL AWD w/ premium package, No leather. Now i'm wondering if I should wait another month for the 09.I think i'm getting a good deal at $24,200 out the door.Any advice from anyone out there?
that is a pretty good price i got my nissan rogue sl awd with no options except it came with floor mats and splashguards for 22542 out the door everything fee included title licensing dmv etc i purchased this car on august 1st.. They only wanted to sell me one with premium package for 24700. I would say try to find another dealer and see if they can beat the price if not then settle for the 24200 to me the deal is nice.

dmw98path
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Anything at Invoice or below is good for '08. I was able to get just a tad below invoice out the door (including $500 rebate, DMV, dealer vehicle transfer fee). There is no sales tax in Oregon, so it isn't as good as some have posted on this forum.

You didn't say if your vehicle came with moonroof? So I'm assuming the Invoice of the vehicle is $23.3k + dmv + taxes(?) does sound like a good deal

And to stay on subject, the rear window visibility isn't as bad as it is made out to be. I never look to the back/back corner anyway only, side to side and all the mirrors. I suppose those who turn their head around and back up that way it might be bad...do most people use that method when backing up?

-dan

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Exactly, I don't find the rear visibility to bad at all. For comparison, I drive a Ford Escape for work, it has a huge rear window, but the visibility is WORSE than the Rogue because the rear seat head rests stick up in to the middle of the line of sight through the back window, so you can't see anything, very distracting! I feel much safer in the Rogue in terms of visibility.

IdaCrue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I have had my Rogue (AWD SL fully loaded) since April and the rear window issue is nonexistant for me. I always use my mirrors and look over the shoulder anyway, so I don't have any issues with it. The Rogue is an outstanding vehicle. I regularly get 28 MPG in town and 33 on the highway. I am very very happy with my purchase and would buy the Rogue again. I haven't had any issues with the rattling transmission, and I have 4000 miles on the car. With the rebate and the skimpy "improvements" for the 09 model, I personally would save the money and get the 08 instead.

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

Ckcrain wrote:i'm about to close a deal on the 2008 Rogue SL AWD w/ premium package, No leather. Now i'm wondering if I should wait another month for the 09.I think i'm getting a good deal at $24,200 out the door.Any advice from anyone out there?
see my above note- with the 09 the changes are minimal and ya dont get much for 1100 or more in increased price..stick with 08..while you can get one below invoice!!!!

I added a wireless backup camera(sweet) for under 100 since I ran over my creeper..oopsie..

redroguegal
Car: Nissan Rogue

I love my Rogue. It doesn't have all the features my MDX had, but beats the heck out of it's gas mileage and is fun to drive. The side mirrors are fine to cover for the back window. If only I could get my kids to quit leaving their stuff in there...

Return to “Rogue Forum”