Rear Subframe assembly

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

I recently purchased Nismo subframe bushings. I was told by a mechanic that it requires the entire removal of the subframe and a torch to remove the bushings themselves. I'd rather do the work myself. I'm picking up a FSM soon, but I just wanted an idea of what was involved...

I'm just guessing...will removal of differential, control arms, tension rods, remove exhaust...(coilovers will be coming off anyway), that's all I can think of, anything else?

Also what parts should I replace (I'd like to overhaul the whole rear). I plan on new upper arms, possibly tension rods, VLSD, and the Nismo bushings. Other options would be appreciated. I basically want to upgrade parts all at once, instead of dropping everything, putting it all back together, then having to pull stuff apart again when I want to upgrade (like tension rods).

Input would be appreciated.

F4ucc
Car: motorsports

Good thought.

I am thinking about the same thing as it really saves tons of work.Keep it posted.

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

Rear toe linkRear upper armRear subframe bushingsRear forward armInput shaftsAny and all other bushings in the rearSway barsLSDOutput shafts if you need them

that should do it for the rear :)-chetestimated cost: 2k.

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

Wait, are you saying those are things I could replace or everything that I needed to pull? Cause I got an estimate of 400 to pull everything, and install bushings.

Thanks Chet, I was basically waiting for you to answer...seems R240 left too huh?

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

heh, thats all the stuff I would replace while i was in there if I had the money.

R240, AKA russ, is still around but hes bust working on the 2003 national convention stuff.

check a few posts down I've got a subfrrame blowup link for our cars :)-chet

R240NA

I been busy. Depending on how much you want to spend, you have three options here. First, and cheapest, is to go to either Nismo or Whiteline bushings throughout the rear, you'll have two for the lower a-arm, six total for the lateral links (one in the arm, one in the upright for each), and then the diff bushings as well. Next step is to go with aluminum bushings, same concept but more money, Cusco has a complete set for the S-chassis. Third option is just to go with all new parts, adjustable rod ends, with spherical bearings. That's the route I chose, MUCH more expensive, but way easier to install and gives a lot more flexibilty for setting up the car, and handling is greatly enhanced. Cusco makes the lower toe rod and both upper arms, but they don't offer the a-arm. Nagisa-Auto has them but I haven't been able to get a pair yet. Kamaza, Top Secret, JIC, and a slew of others supply the same stuff too. Tension rods are in the front of the car BTW. Remember to drop the subframe in one piece, unbolt the calipers and shocks and then it's four bolts to free it.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”