Rear STB for S14 BESIDES cusco? Who else makes 'em?!?

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
MarkEmark
Car: fully-built '95 240sx KA-T

I think I posted this in the wrong forum (general chat,) so I'll try my luck here :)

I'm looking to put a rear STB on my S14 base model, and the only ones I can find are cusco ones, which are super expensive ($130 minimum, hard to justify when it's essentially the same thing as my beautifully performing pilot front STB)...Anyone know any other brands, websites, etc for a nice quality S14 Rear STB for under $100? do they mount behind the speakers? Or in the trunk somewhere?!? Thanks in advanceMARC

voltron
Car: autox, movies, cars!

I have been on the same search you have. I have not found anything.

MarkEmark
Car: fully-built '95 240sx KA-T

Damn, looks like where in between a rock and a hard place--Why are there so many more options available for the S13 and NOT the s14---the s14a/b are NEWER than the S13-s....damn, $130 for a rear STB is hard to justify when my front STB cost me only $40!

98s14inaz
Car: 2010 Nissan Titan Quad Cab

hey guys I know your search. I eventually bought the cusco. The cost is justifed by the quality. It bolts in right behind your rear seat. Stick your head in your trunk and look at your strut towers, you will see one hole on each that is where the brackets drop through and bolt up to the bar. You don't feel as much as when ou did the front strut bar but go drifting and bank hard into some turns at high speeds and you will feel the rear end stiffen up and be more responsive. Let me now if you want to know more. Later

BabyboyDeLa240
Car: Cars, Girls, and Money

Hey Check Out http://www.optauto.comthen click SUSPENSIONThen STRUT BRACEThen NISSANand you would be there... got an Apexi for the Rear for 89-98then of course your CUSCO's :)

Pruto

does anyone know if the apexi rear actually fits a s14? cause it says 89-98 but in red it says 89-94. Everywhere else that bar is advertized as only s13.

As for rear struts, i know nismo makes at least one type, its expensive as hell, at the Shine Street meet yesterday i saw a nismo rear bar that went over the top of the deck across the speakers, he had to cut a slit for it to go through, but it look pretty cool cause you can see it through the rear window.

Emperor

Hey 98s14inaz, i saw your pics on http://www.az240sx.org/bb/view...422a6 .

Did you have a chance to take a pic of that rear stb? cause i have a 97, and i want to know how it looks when you have it on. I would apretiate it a lot.

yeswepromise

word on the street is taht the Nismo rear bar costs a lot of money....more than Cusco. and the other word on the street is taht the Nismo bar doesnt work as well as the Cusco one because of the fact that it is higher. the Cusco one is lower so it should work better. i suppose if you have a big pocket full of money you could get both the Cusco and the Nismo bar and use them at the same time since one goes up above and the other one goes below. happy trails yo!

s0ldats

DO-LUCK MAKES REAR STB FOR S14

yeswepromise

they do??? are you sure?

s0ldats

yea

http://www.240sx.org/links/pro...y.htm

^ there's proof

edit: also check do-luck usa's website. they have them on there....but they're PRICEY!! ~350 for the RXB

yeswepromise

the Rear Cross Bar(RXB) goes on the floor behind the seats. i was very much considering this piece but i am not going to get it now because i am going to be putting an a Cusco 6pt. roll cage and both of them will not work together from what i was told. but i hear thst the RXB is a very good piece to get. :)

Nils
Car: road racing

The rear STB wont really give that much more stiffnes considering the towers are already braced on the s14. The Do Luck rear floor cross brace is an excellent choice, it adds alot of stiffness to the chassis. If you have or plan on getting a Cusco rollcage there is no room for the Do Luck rear cross brace.

I just installed the Cusco 6 point cage and it fits very nicely.

For you guys considering the rear STB, get it if you are planning on road racing or other serious stuff, but, if you are just daily driving the car it is not worth it IMO.

take care,nils

daniel240
Car: cars/motocross

i made my own rear STB and it works good and it was Free!!

yeswepromise

Nils---do you have a s14? and if you do, do you have pics of the Cusco cage installed? i have seen the one in Non Fujita/s car but i want to see other cars with the cage. thanks a lot.:)

Nils
Car: road racing

yeswepromise wrote:Nils---do you have a s14? and if you do, do you have pics of the Cusco cage installed? i have seen the one in Non Fujita/s car but i want to see other cars with the cage. thanks a lot.:)

http://nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=11814&postid=134028

=)

n

yeswepromise

ah ha! thank you very mucho.:D

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”