REAR passenger hit while car parked and wife in at work

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rjchoops
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

Anyone know the cost of a new rear passenger door. Rogue was hit pretty hard while my wife was working. Huge dent at the bottom and a nice buckle just below the window. You have to pick the door up the close it, and lots of wind noise. Of course NO note was left.

philipa_240sx

A OEM Nissan door shell (unpainted) is about $406 US from one of our sponsors. But be mindful of shipping charges... they can easily add a couple hundred to the cost:

https://www.everythingnissan.c...gid=0

You can also buy just the outer door skin/sheet metal, but IMHO it's not worth it as the labor to replace the skin may cost more than replacing the entire door.

Another alternative is find a used door at an auto recycler. Here is great site for searching recycled auto parts throughout the US and Canada:

http://car-part.com/

If you are lucky, you might find a pristine door in the same color. If not, a simple repaint is all that is required. Nice thing about used, is you save the expense of having to remove all the hardware from the old door and installing in a new door shell. Or worst case, you just have to swap simple stuff like the interior door panel.

Good luck!

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Phil, that link to used parts inventories is amazing, thanks a lot!

We often take things like this for granted, but I have a real appreciation for an IT solution that can combine used car part inventories from all accross North America into one database, then offer a self-search web-based front end. Really awesome.

They don't have a rear bumper cover for me (been looking for about a year), but there is a form to fill out to get them to notify me when one does become available.

ahhbeebee
Car: '08 Rogue SL FWD - Pearl White

kerrton wrote:Phil, that link to used parts inventories is amazing, thanks a lot!
+1 - that site is awesome!

rjchoops

rjchoops wrote:Anyone know the cost of a new rear passenger door. Rogue was hit pretty hard while my wife was working. Huge dent at the bottom and a nice buckle just below the window. You have to pick the door up the close it, and lots of wind noise. Of course NO note was left.
Pictures of my smashed door.

SenorPayne7
Car: 2008 Black SL AWD Nissan Rogue

you think thats bad...... check mine out.

black ice to tow ring of a wood chipper

rjchoops

OUCH. Looks like both doors and quarter panel? Is the front damaged too?

What brand of tires?

Leo2005

That is a bad one but clean car. when did it happen? Did you hit the front as well? It looks like the car went into a tree.

SenorPayne7
Car: 2008 Black SL AWD Nissan Rogue

yeah the side impact thew me into a tree aswell as you can see. It dented the front part of the hood, scratched the front bumper where it hit the tree and somehow crumpled the lower right fog light area....even thou that did not even hit anything.

Took it to the shop thursday, comes back in around 3 weeks. and over 6k of damage.

Return to “Rogue Forum”