Rear Brake Sensor - Light Still On After Repair

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
OwnerCS

While changing rear brake pads, I found the rear brake sensor had jumped out of the socket and was hanging below the axle. Jumping out of the socket was the reason the worn brake pad light came on. Since it wasn't rubbing anywhere, I thought it would be ok. I replaced the 50% worn brake pads with some new Wagner ThermoQuiet and reinstalled the sensor into the copper socket. No luck. I tried resetting the code to no avail.

I found this thread below.

Is the consensus still to remove the sensor and jumper the plug or should I purchase a new sensor?

92-q45-brake-pad-sensor-bypass-problem-t171981.<a class="postlink" href="htmlhttp://forums.nicoclub.com/92-q45-brake-pad-sensor-bypass-problem-t171981.html

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

can't get your link to work.
check and see if you have 12v at the electrical socket for the sensor.
Was the sensor new?
its been a reaallllly long time since i did the rears on my 94, but my recollection is that the sensor is a one use item. the (insulator) tip rubs off contacts the rotor and bam, warning message comes on.
the pad warning message was discontinued for 95.

OwnerCS

Thanks Jay. That may be it. I didn't see an insulator on the sensor tip.

A few years ago I replaced pads with some Akebono pads. The pads I replaced were far from worn out. So I got by with changing pads without changing the sensor. A few weeks ago the sensor jumped out of the socket. The insulator top must have popped off at that time.

I'll look for a sensor.

Thank you,
Craig

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”