Real love for 240 or fake?

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
PmpKinKing
Car: 90 240sx

I have been seeing a lot of 240's popin out every where now. Makes me wonder if people or kids are just getting them because they really love the car or are they getting it because every one has one and they wanna be "cool" :tisk: and try to drift it. I dunno what you guys think?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

You are a little late to the witnessing of the bandwagon.

ash16847
Car: 1989 240sx hatchback
1991 240sx hatchback

I have them because I really love the car. Actually, the first 240sx i ever saw IRL is my purple '89 the day I went and got it on February 20, 2010. She's my baby and I'll never sell her :)

PmpKinKing

biggie wrote:You are a little late to the witnessing of the bandwagon.

No I have seen it growing in time just never said anything just yesterday I saw way to many on the street I was seriously in shock which made me wonder about it a lot.

pj
Car: 95 s14

how old are you? when did you get into the s-chassis? its all relative man.
if you didnt own one in the 90's then you could be lotted in with the bandwagoners by someone..just how it is. same with drifting, the jdm craze, all that stuff.
if you didnt know about drift in the 90's then you are a fanboy. if you didnt have japanese domestic market dash clocks or arm rests or side moldings or headlights before superstreet went nuts about it, then youre a fanboy wannbe wagpon jumper... see what im getting at? its not worth wondering about, no one cares really man. it doesnt matter whos who or when they did what...

PmpKinKing

pj wrote:how old are you? when did you get into the s-chassis? its all relative man.
if you didnt own one in the 90's then you could be lotted in with the bandwagoners by someone..just how it is. same with drifting, the jdm craze, all that stuff.
if you didnt know about drift in the 90's then you are a fanboy. if you didnt have japanese domestic market dash clocks or arm rests or side moldings or headlights before superstreet went nuts about it, then youre a fanboy wannbe wagpon jumper... see what im getting at? its not worth wondering about, no one cares really man. it doesnt matter whos who or when they did what...

agreed..... :werd:

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

pj wrote:how old are you? when did you get into the s-chassis? its all relative man.
This perspective is why the import scene is degrading, IMO.

mudvayne9790
Car: 240sx 93 Hatch

very well put. dont worry about what other people do or why they do it. just do what you like

PmpKinKing

Can any one remember the reason why they fell in love with their 240 or made them want to get one :)

FlipCoupe
Car: 1991 240sx Hatch

I was completely oblivious to the S13 240sx until sometime around Nov 2009, It was around that time I decided I wanted to learn how to build a car and RWD was my only requirement. Now I have a fastback parts car and a coupe that should be running soon...month or 2.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Loved the looks and options, knew I wanted another RWD car (coming from an '86 FC). Saw the '92 S13 Coupe and choose it over a '95 V8 Mustang. That was in my Jr year of HS ('95).

Lobo240sx
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx Coupe SR2.35DET Redtop Build

PmpKinKing wrote:Can any one remember the reason why they fell in love with their 240 or made them want to get one :)

I liked the way it looked. After an old lady ran a stop sign and totaled my 1991 B2200 Mazda King Cab in 2000, I went to the Nissan dealer to see what was around. Wanted a "sporty" car so I got it. Didn't have any money to get a 300zx at the time lol. Good thing I didn't. Probably would have wrapped it around a pole.

S14toRPS13

I'm a 30 year old who still drives a 240. I just bought it last month because all the cool high school kids were doing it, jk. My first car was a '89 240 coupe I bought back when I was 16 years old (you do the math). I've owned a 240 ever since. I'm not that big of a loser though, I have an '07 Triumph Daytona 675, my wife's '02 Sentra SE-R, and our family car is an '07 Pathfinder. Many people outgrow it, but I always got to have a 240.

pj

krash wrote: This perspective is why the import scene is degrading, IMO.
i cant tell if you agree with me or you think im an Ahole lol :chuckle:

PmpKinKing

I remember when I 1st saw it I didn't have any idea what it was when I saw it later i found it to be a S13 hatch back. I was on the street with my mom and at that time it was at the point everyone had to have a honda i think it was around 94 i believe i saw a honda and a S13 go at it and the S13 left it by miles came my dream care ever since. 240 S13 FTW!!
:dblthumb: :mike

EnjoiNismo
Car: 93 240sx

I like reading posts of 16 year olds coming in stating,
"I've been wanting a 240sx since I saw one when I was 12. Even though I bought 5 Honda's in the mean time"
Like give me a break.

I bought mine because I rode in a friends car NOT knowing what the car was and it had a heads up display and I thought it was cool. So I'm a whore for digital MPH lol

pj

^^^ lol i hear what ur saying.
i dont have the honda-hate in me that most s-chassis guys do these days tho. way back in the day i wanna say 1997 or maybe 98 i had like a 86 honda crx that would roll with friends' v8's any day...with some porting and a few other touches. granted it was a tin can on wheels...but it was a very fun car. and the first time i drove a type-r integra...omg, i was very impressed. so, i dotn fall into that category either of trend followers etc.

mixeds14
Car: 240

i come from a mustang background, it was my first car when i just started to drive in high school back in 95-96, my buddy had an s13 coupe back then, the day i got to drive it, i somewhat drift it a little n fell in love on the drivebility of the car, it was light with lotss of potential to become something i really wanted, a fast good looking ride..i bought itfrom him, that was my first 240 until i got in to college n had to do what i had to do to pay for tuition... good think i got my s14 back in 06 after i was done with everything that had to be done n settle down n had the money/time for another one..i been true five 240s some s13 n some s14, i now know that they will be part on my life for as long as they exist..

Noxy
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX
1992 NX2000
2004 Sentra Spec V

I honestly didn't know about 240's before I got mine. Saw my stock 1993 coupe on craigslist back in 2008 loved the looks of it bought it for $500, but after a few months I got REALLY attached to the car and basically all Nissan together. Then, I wondered if anyone like this car as much as I did, and that's when I found NICO AKA my new home. I'd like to think I didn't hop on the bandwagon, but stumbled into it on my own :)

badbob2121
Car: 92 S13 Hatch ELLIS JUAN, 12 Mustang GT RTR

this is why.....

and i dont even drift... :gapteeth:

:dogpile:

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

pj wrote:
krash wrote: This perspective is why the import scene is degrading, IMO.
i cant tell if you agree with me or you think im an Ahole lol :chuckle:
I meant that way of thinking is whack. The group of people that think its not cool to actually like your 240, and that you're a wannabe just because you weren't tuning your car since the 90's. So yea I guess I agree with you?

PmpKinKing

badbob2121 wrote:this is why.....

I was tripping out why would they destroy something so beautiful. :spitout:

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

PmpKinKing wrote:
badbob2121 wrote:this is why.....

image of ugly colored s15 from FF the drift one.

I was tripping out why would they destroy something so beautiful.
What killed me about that movie, is that whole car and it being the biggest F'n plot hole evar. At least that movie got me to like rx-7s more.

Back OT.

Growing up no one I knew even worked on their own vehicle. So I paid them no mind with my CCS catalogs and 411VM.

Then in High School one of my friends dad owned a ton of awesome cars(all fast) so he liked them and he was trying to figure out was his first car was going to be, so I got to thinking what my first car should be. He showed me GTI's, civics, M3's, 240's, WRX's,and other Tuner cars. I really had my heart set on either a Blue WRX or a Mazda Protege 5 in Yellow. Neither of which even came close to happening. At this same time my mom was looking for a car and I went with her to a few places one she liked turned out to be an EVO 6 in white(not kinding) I said hells yes! But the lease they had worked out was shady as balls so my mom walked away fast and Picked up an 01 Elantra. No car for me.

I was in between civics and 240's, I liked the fact that 240's are RWD, but got talked out of RWD because the first time it rains I will wreck my car.<-----Believed that so started looking for Civics.

I go for a while but then find a 99 CIvic SI with 40k for 5600 while they still go for 13k private sale, Jump on it and the only thing "wrong" was the non stock IS300 tailights. <------ I liked it alot. then the next generation civic had freakishly similar tails.

Guy at a party over hears that I am bummed I never got my 240 and offers to sell me the one he just picked up for $500.
Get it home and immeadiatly strip it for no reason what so ever but I learned alot and it still doesn't run.

Then traded fothe SI for a GS-t <--- My first turbo, and it was fast :). <----- It can't f'n turn left so I sold it to buy...

My Koop. From a local Nissan guy(His S12 VG33R was featured here recently).

Cliffs: I'd say it safe to say at this point I am a pretty diehard S-Chassis fan(including all datsuns as well) and I love my 720.

Wish there were more diesel nissan motors around to mess with.

Amays U G37S
Car: shoes

Am I allowed in this thread?

Before I purchased my first car I knew I wanted something nice as all my friends had nice cars when I was growing up. My dad is pretty handy with cars, but never liked anything domestic. I loved skylines and I tried to figure out what that really nice 2 door camry was with a body kit wheels and lowered, across the street at a red light one day. Bought my 96' in 06' and realized there was a huge drift scene and this forum shortly after.

I still love them, but the scene has gotten bad, and i wanted moar powa.

Speckid4
Car: 1995 240sx
1993 240sx

I guess you could say I am one of those newcomers? Since I was born in the 90's, most would classify me as a beginner or newbie, but I am definitely not a wannabe. I bought my first car magazine when I was 12 (2002), it was sport compact car, which at the time was actually a good magazine. I have always had a natural attraction to nissan's, I have been a nico member since 2006 and when I turned 17 I bought a 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. I loved that car, and it was a blast too drive. I never have been into street racing (not worth my safety), drag racing (super boring), or even drifting (never really found it exciting). However, I have always been an open wheel racing fan, ranging from open wheeled 800hp dirt sprint cars to formula one cars. I pride myself on learning how to do things the right way and focusing on the details. I recognized from a young age that building and loving cars is a craft, just like woodworking or metalwork. Once my Spec V got totalled by a police officer (you read that right), I made the jump to rear wheel drive setup, I bought a 1995 zenki, and have loved every second of it. Almost a year later I fell in love with the lines of the coupe and purchased a 1993 coupe. Now I am the proud owner of two 240's at a very young age of 21. I pride myself in my cars and how they are built, because I don't want imports to have the whole "crappy honda", "ricer", or "subs and dubs" image. For some people to think that every 16 year old wants neons and subs, or to think that every 16 year old just wants to put on exhaust and an intake is naive. There are seldom few that are different, they just get thrown in by veterans that think they know it all.

Here are some pics of my cars:

Bottom line is you don't have to be one of the original nico members or a 20 year car building veteran to know what the car scene is all about. Everyone is into cars/240's for their own reasons, and everyone has a different idea to what a cool 240 is or looks like. Thats what makes cars so freaking cool. Its a community of opinions just like anything else. :dblthumb:

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

My parents were looking for a second car in the fall of 02, right around the time I was turning 15, about to get my learner's permit, and seeing how I would most likely be drive the car most of the time, they let me pick it out. I was between S13's and preludes, liked the looks of both. The lude would be faster but 240's were RWD, and thats pretty much what sold me on it. Found our 91 fastback in north KC for 1700, before drifting really blew up in the states. Same car in that condition today would fetch 3000-3500 easy. Drove that car on and off up until just this past week actually. Now working on a 95 S14 street/track slut hehe. Maybe its the wrong way to look at things, but I'm still proud to say that I had a 240 before they were cool LOL.

Drakelee
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx RB20det
1986 Mazda RX7:for sale
1997 Ford Ranger:PitTruck<3

My friend got an FC around the same time I started driving, so I was into rotary for a few years, I had 2 FC's and 4 or 5 other cars from '05-'08 ended up selling my Dakota to put money into my FC at the time until I saw a red '93 s13 hatch for sale. I didn’t really know the hype behind the car because everyone around me was either into Mazda or Honda. The car was so amazingly clean and beautiful I bought it up front, TOTALLY over paid because I didn’t look at the market and joined Nico the same night. I haven’t driven my FC since then and I have owned 3 s13's since.

fiznowler
Car: 97 240sx se, 5 speed, paint, tan leather interior. vg30dett swap in progress.
86 300zx NA Daily Driver
Too many other nissans and parts to list!

I looked for my car for a LONG time before I bought it. My friend called me told me he saw one on a side street for sale and I literally had it bought in 10 minutes pending it was what he said it was. I had it in my hands the next day. Kouki's that are in decent condition for a decent price are a beeotch to find. I have wanted one since they came out in 97. Once I got my hands on mine good luck prying the keys out of my cold dead hands. On the other hand my 92 coupe is for sale right now. Not because I don't like it. Its kinda like a girl to me I like to mess around with it but I aint trying to marry her.

pj

the first 240 i ever saw that had any aftermarket was a long time ago at a dunkin donuts, it was a white hatch with a vader kit and stock ride height and jet black windows haha i asked the guy if it was his car and he acted like a total douche like hell yeah thats my car, dont touch it!! lol i thought it was ugly as sin. then another guy after that in a small street racing group in richmond utterly blew his ka to peices on an off ramp...that didnt do much for my oppinion of the vehicle either...
after a while i began to think hgigher of them when i was young and just wanted to spin tires all day, they were rwd and got twice the mileage of a mustang, so i started to check them out more seriously. and looking at old copies of option magazine showed me what the japanese were doing with these cars as well as rx7's and i thought of these cars as being on a tier of their own after that.
i wanna say that was 99-2000 or somthing, so im not even really an OG purist before that i was a small block chevy sort of fellow, still love a chevelle though i must say

95s14green
Car: 1995 240sx s14

drift nirvana. waking up to it one day altered my taste in cars forever.
http://www.driftnirvana.com/

Return to “240sx General Discussion”