Re: HR15 and HR16

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
ryankyorei
Car: Latio sport

Hi all,

Just wanna check that anyone knows that whether the tiida/versa/latio chassis are same throughout?

In my country, im having the HR15DE CVT. Is there any option to change to HR16DE Manual? Or just changing the transmission? best is to get MR18 6sp manual.

Thanks.

Red Devil
Car: 1990 240SX w/t SR20 and 08 Nissan Versa SL

huh?

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

ryankyorei wrote:Hi all,

Just wanna check that anyone knows that whether the tiida/versa/latio chassis are same throughout?

In my country, im having the HR15DE CVT. Is there any option to change to HR16DE Manual? Or just changing the transmission? best is to get MR18 6sp manual.

Thanks.
I'd say my guess is good as yours. You could probably change out the transmission, but that could be more hassle than it's worth.

I heard the sedan is a bit longer than the hatchback but I could be wrong. As far as the chassis, I don't see why they wouldn't be the same.

The best person to ask is probably one of the moderators either 'biggie' or 'codered'. They can give you a clear answer on that. Hope I could help you out.

9Blazin
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

I'm pretty sure the MR18 would fit in your Tiida chassis, the new V offered in the U.S. the base model comes with the HR16. Looking at the engine bay, it looks pretty much the same.

ryankyorei

i would think the same way...wat worries me is the mounting could be different.

Or is it possible to swop one of the HR16 tranny to the HR15..(from CVT to manual)?

alonsorules8
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa Sl,HB

The HR16 come with the 6 speed manual Renault gear box. It will have no problem mating up with the HR15 motor. The transmission designation is: RS6F94R for Nissan applications and TL4 for it Renault applications.

The RS6F94R is also the same manual transmission used by the Versa in North American markets mated to the MR18DE engine, so you can go smaller or go larger in engine size and still use the same manual transmission .

ryankyorei

is this poosible? but the HR 15 is running on CVT tranny...

alonsorules8
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa Sl,HB

All you would have to do is swap out the CVT for the manual Transmission and install a clutch pedal.

I would recommend taking your car to tuning shop to do the swap if you are not mechanically inclined to do it yourself.

As with any project like this it can be done but it is up to you to decide if its worth the money to go for the swap.

ryankyorei

Thanks for the info...

i also come to know tat having to mate a manual tranny on a auto...transmission module ECm has to swap as well...any idea on this?

btw, i have already force inducted my HR15DE...tranny might not take e increase in torque

morgan
Car: Versa

You could probably get away with a re-flash of the ECM. if you did an engine swap with anything on the C11 chassis it will fit without a struggle, if you get the wiring harness its a plus, you won't have to deal with the A/T or CVT harness just hanging there. if you have already gone with the forced induction and you do change to a manual you should re-flash the ECM with an appropriate fuel map to accommodate your set up.

Basically there is no transmission control module for the M/T and you need new programming anyway.

That would be awesome if you could make it work with the CVT I imagine if it is done right your torque, and HP would be maxed out the whole time during full throttle acceleration... launches would be magnificent... until the wheels broke loose.

Sounds like a lot of fun!Good luck!

ryankyorei

hi,

i am currently running on a unichip + TM.

do i still need to do a reflash? i have heard of Mitsubishi lancer doing a swap but not the transmission ECM...gearing do not seem to coordinate...

so i assume Versa MT should have a transmission ECM.
Modified by ryankyorei at 12:40 AM 9/2/2009

morgan

there is no M/T control module, there is a back up lamp switch and a PNP switch.

Sounds like you have your programming under control for an A/T. wouldn't worry about any other programming issues until after the transmission swap, communication could be interrupted if the original ECM is trying to communicate with a TCM that is not there.

ryankyorei

including the primary n secondary speed sensor..also a pressure sensor..

will e exclusion of these signal interrupt the main ECU..or a fake signal needs to be added in to 'fake' the ECU?

morgan

Disclaimer: Trying to brain storm to benefit your progress, all information should be considered suggestions and not taken as gospel.

With that said, are we still talking about a manual transmission? Because the vehicle speed is determined by engine speed and gear position.

The sensors you are asking about exist in the CVT or A/T and yes if they are excluded the ECM will probably go to a "limp home" mode or some variation. This is why I suggested the re-flash of your ECM to that of a vehicle with manual transmission (only as a suggestion though because I don't know if the logic etc.. is the same). I imagine you could 'fake' the signals but at what risk I could never predict, it seems logical to me to just eliminate them all together(with the reprogram or new ECM). I don't know about your current programming, but it might be capable of doing all of this if it is PC based piggyback or something of the like.

ryankyorei

hmm..tis is the tricky part...e piggy back is pc based..

but it might not b able to handle those signals...mayb changing e ECM is a easier way out...

morgan

Yes I agree, to decipher the signals put them back in the CAN line with enough info to reproduce fuel mapping based on created data could get tricky, if that is in-fact what needs to be done for proper operation. I think the ECM change is the answer your looking for after the swap. You are planing to Dyno tune the car when finished?The shop you choose should have the answers to most of your programming questions.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”