RB26 issues

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
s15rb26

Hi all,

New to the forums and I've got a few issues with my RB. Bit of history, I purchased this car about a year ago from a workshop. Its a 2002 S15 Spec R running an r32 RB26DETT with skyline 25T gearbox and standard silvia diff.

The entire engine was rebuilt 3000km with all forged internals, ran perfectly for these 3000km on standard boost.

Problem (1) - All of a sudden I started getting random shuddering and it wouldn't boost...at first I thought crap I've lost a turbo. But the problem is in consistent....will randomly come and go, some times it will last 10 minutes sometimes 2 mins and then sometimes it won't sort itself out altogether until you leave it off for a while.

Problem (2) - The fuel injectors started leaking one day so I replaced them all with stock injectors that had been flow tested and serviced..started up fine but it seems to be missing and back firing way more than it was before.

Problem (3) - So in my solutions to finding the issue for problem (1) I took out the mafs and tried cleaning them up, I think I've accidentally broken one of them as a bit of red colored glass came out of one of the sensor plugs, and I also took out the ECU to have a look at it, this being a veil side version of the stock ECU, I shifted the selector screw around (thinking it was something else)....anyways put it all back together and the mafs back on and went to start it...started up but ran horribly like it was on 3 cylinders then just dies. I did the diagnosis on the ecu and got the error code 41...the AIT sensor...- if the maf is broken would it throw this error or is this a separate issue.

Problem (4)- Since I got the car its always idled high at 1500 I've tried lowering it but can't figure it out...theres no TPS screw or anything like that on the ECU to change.

As you can see I have a few issues that need sorting, I love my cars and love working on them...this is the first RB26 I've had so its all a bit of a learning curve. Next car is going be an R33 GTR, I've spent days looking around on the internet for help but can't find anything.

I thank you in advance for any help you can offer. CheerS!

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

This is the Skyline forum. We have a separate forum for RB series engines.

qwertyz
Car: awd s14

pm me i think i can help you with your problem

s15rb26

Unable to use pm function as just joined forums - sorry re forums..post placed in RB forums.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”