Rb25 short shifter stuck in gearbox!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Joey1212
Car: R32 nissan skyline

Hi everyone I just needed help with a problem I have. I tried to install a short shifter in my rb25 gearbox on the weekend but as I was placing the shifter in something wrong must of happen. The shiffter went in pretty easy but as I was checking to see if I had all gears I only could get into gear 1 and 3. The other gears feel like there not there at all. I went to pull the shifter out but now it won't come out. I have tried everything it just won't come out.
I have tried pulling it out
Taping it out
And removing the 4 bolts from shifter housing and pulling it out all together. The stock shifter came out so easy. Need help as fast as possible.
Thanks you

74260zt
Car: rb26powered early 74 260z car

I think your shifter throw lever (with the nylon bush on the end) is to long with out using the proper spacer that comes with the short throw shifter kit, and this allowed the bush to come out the bottom of the round hole it operates in, causing a bind on the selector while trying to select a gear.

One you push the gear lever/nylon bushing out the bottom of it's hole, the bushing pivots all around, and is very hard to get it to stay strait up and down, allowing you to slide that puppy out. You just have to do a lot of gentle wiggling to get it to line up so it will ease out.

Joey1212
Car: R32 nissan skyline

Thanks for the help I finally got the 6 shifter plate bolts out which I then was able to get a slide hammer in and pop that busher out. I forgot to put the spacer in and it dropped to low getting stuck underneath it. Reinstalled it and I have all the gears now. Thanks for the help

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”