radiator for R34 GTR vspec

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
xenoman
Car: R34

Hi, nice to meet you guys here.

My friend recently bid a R34 GTR vspec from Japan, and he start to thinking about upgrade
the radiator, and find out those after-market products only fit to standard R34 GTR. not 100% fit to Vspec version or we don't know it will fit or not ( for example, blitz, trust, koyo and so on, they all only fit to standard R34 GTR).

Does anyone have experience with R34 Vspec radiator, knew any company do "original-position swap" products?

Thanks very much :chuckle:

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

There shouldn't be any difference between the V-Spec GT-R to a standard GT-R. The engines should be exactly the same. The V-Specs were mostly just minor differences over the standard GT-R.

And welcome to NICO. Tell your friend to swing by and register here, as well!

xenoman
Car: R34

Gold Digger wrote:There shouldn't be any difference between the V-Spec GT-R to a standard GT-R. The engines should be exactly the same. The V-Specs were mostly just minor differences over the standard GT-R.

And welcome to NICO. Tell your friend to swing by and register here, as well!
Hi, Gold Digger, thanks for the reply, I wonder which radiator we should go for it, someone said koyo is good bang for the buck but not that good quliaty, and some friends recommend trust and evolve, but they need modifaciton to fit on engine bay (remove the shround of fans, etc...).

so which one you think it is good for choice, the car won't do big-horsepower tuning, it migt be around 300kw on wheels few months later.

cheers! :biggrin:

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

I've only replaced one radiator and it was on my old C33 Laurel. I went to a Koyo OEM size replacement. Never had a problem. Was only sitting about 260hp, though.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”