Racingline Short Shift Kit

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Racingline

Hey guys just giving you a little update on the Racingline STS. The production sample has been done and fitted to the car about 2 weeks ago. Over the last 2 weeks the tester has noticed an improved, more direct shift feeling, less notchyness in the up/down motion, all round better operation and approx 40% throw reduction

We'll be removing it from his car this week to record some last minute changes in the design to clean it up a touch and production should start very soon after. We should have something ready to market by the end of February.

Pics and more information to follow shortly

Racingline

teaser pic of test sample. Production unit will be a little bit cleaner.

led hed
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa SL HB 6spd

cool, i'm in

Disphunktion
Car: Nissan Versa

nice pm me when it'll be ready

steed77
Car: 09 Versa Fresh Powder Sedan 6speed

Sounds good... Hopefully you have a sts(side to side) part also.

I rocked this on my last cable shifter.

Looking forward to this.. I was going to make my own. IMO the shifter feel is one of the worst shifting feel I have used.

siguy
Car: 2008 nissan versa

sweet! Looks good how much do you think it is going to run?

#1Tango

any news on this? its gettn towards the end of the month

nErdsa_guy
Car: 2009 Versa

I'm interested in this (was just looking for one this week). Any update as it seems that there hasnt been anything on this since February.

viet510racer
Car: 08 Black V SL

i actually emailed them like 2 3 weeks ago about the STS and they said they should have something ready in two week, so probably anytime soon....

Codelicious
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx

This is the kind of stuff that makes me wish I would have held out a couple of days and found a Versa with a manual transmission!

The CVT is great, but I usually like to have a manual transmission.

weems84
Car: Versa SL

viet510racer wrote:i actually emailed them like 2 3 weeks ago about the STS and they said they should have something ready in two week, so probably anytime soon....
Are we going to see this part anytime soon?? It seems like this part has been in the making forever and always gets delayed.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure alot of other members are ready to see this part installed on their own vehicle.

Disphunktion

You're not the only one waiting for. But anyhow, seems like they don't even give a follow up. Wonder how it will be at shipping time.

xtwoonamatchx
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

Well I am bumping this again. This is definately a part I want to see made for the Versa, has anyone heard anything? Or should I stop holding my breath...

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

i just emailed them, i will update when i get a reply.

They Call Me Whatshisname
Car: 2006 350Z

seanyboy900
Car: Versa

So last update was over a year ago.. I noticed they make a sts for the sentry that looks like this. Any one know if it fits our cars?

Racingline

Wow, Super bump.

The sentra one does not fit. I still have the working prototype for the versa sitting on my desk, just really haven't had the time to refine it to be honest. I lost Byrons contact info so if anybody knows him or has his number please forward it and I'll see if we can't pick this up finally. If I can't contact him then I'll neeed a new LOCAL BC area versa to finalize things on

Good news is Racingline did release a new lower torque mount that fits the versa about 2 weeks ago.

http://racinglineperformance.com/shop/p ... category=6

V_for_Versa

Wow I really thought that this project was dead but always hoped some how it would get finished. I loved having the short shifter in my car and it was a ton of fun. It cost me in gas because I wanted to keep just banging through the gears. I would love to finish off the project because I know all the manual drivers out there would loved it as much as I did. I will email you with my info Joe and hopefully we can set something up and get it done. :bigthumb:

2drsentra

Updates???

RobJordan
Car: 2011 versa 1.8 Hb 6spd

in line for what? a iphone 4s? Hell no this is for the sts for the versa. weve been waiting forever.

2drsentra

Is there any updates on this short shifter? A lot of people are still interested.

Racingline

CC from an email sent to a couple members that inquired

"we will be making the final parts in the machine shop late next week for 1 last test fitting. If everything looks good then the part will hit full production and be ready in 4-6 weeks"

This is a go, no more stalling. I even bought a versa transmission to keep in the shop so we wouldn't have to keep getting cars in for adjustments. Realistically the sample being made right now is more of a "full production sample" just to make sure the cad files and coding are done right. The actual needed measurements are complete. The sample that Byron had on his car for a couple months worked fine. The new sample is just minor alterations for added clearances and cleaning up the shape a bit.

Racingline

UPDATE

STS kit is in full production and will be instock and on sale in 4 weeks or less. Depends how fast it can be pushed through the machine shop

MajorVersa
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 6SP

awesome cant wait!!!!

RobJordan
Car: 2011 versa 1.8 Hb 6spd

Excited. this will be my next upgrade since all the flooring and center console is out. :woot:

Racingline

production parts are due in this week, Just need to finish up the installation manual and we are good. Hopefully I can get a hold of Byron quickly for him to come in and finish these off and snap pics for the manual

blindsnyper

and then?

Racingline

kit for the most part is complete and ready. I'm just making up the instruction set and waiting on 1 more piece that was a late addition to the kit to aid in clearance between the battery tray and STS. I'll have the first 25 kits online by monday :)

RedAlertV
Car: 11' Nissan Versa

Will this be a SHORT shift kit, as in make the shifter itself shorter or just give the benefit of the throw reduction? Our shifters sit real high, so just curious to know if it will be shorten any? Thanks

blindsnyper

Sts-short THROW shifter.

If you are going for performance reasons, long shifters (the price with the knob on it) are better because you don't have to move your hand/arm as far from the steering wheel. Ideally a long shift/knob combined with an sts. If you are going for style just take a hack saw to the shaft.

I personally want this sts to combine with my 7" chain shift knob, it's less than 2" away from the steering wheel in 1st gear, lol.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”