Racing Seat Mounts

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
TheRussianBull
Car: Nissan Versa 07

I want to install my racing seats, but i need to find brackets/mounts for the seats... since the racing seats are set lower i need to lift them where can i get me racing seat brackets for the versa???

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

You could call the dealer and find out what the part name and # is. Look for the part online and determine the price and compare.

Seriously, I like the project you have going on with the V. You should consider signing up for HIN/NOPI and bring the car to the event series and show everyone your ride. Just my two cents.

Red Devil
Car: 1990 240SX w/t SR20 and 08 Nissan Versa SL

Or you can make them.....

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

I don't think he'd want to do that, time and labor can eat away some peoples patience.

Red Devil

If there isn't a market for them then he'd need to make them. It'd take the same amount of time to make 4 brackets for some pointless racing seats as it'd be taking a week or so to search and order them.

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

He'll figure it out, he has the ambition to accomplish it.

TheRussianBull
Car: Nissan Versa 07

pointless hell yea... but they look good...

Red Devil

In a track car? Yes. Daily driven grocery getter? Not so much.

I'm going to make this part of my sig or something.......Just expressing my opinion, don't act like I railed your mom and sold your dog to a chinese food place.

mightyversa
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa 1.8S Hatchback

http://www.sfxperformance.com/...1.htm

Give this a look over. I think with these items you can have a headstart on getting what you need. Tell us how it works out if you get it!

reyes1212
Car: Super Black '07 Nissan Versa

WHAT THE...thats a great find if it would fit ours! i got rid of my brides because I wasn't ab;e to find some for my V.
mightyversa wrote:http://www.sfxperformance.com/...1.htm

Give this a look over. I think with these items you can have a headstart on getting what you need. Tell us how it works out if you get it!

mightyversa

ok im totally screwed because the items I listed ARE for the Versa, but you need to make your own measurements for custom application.

BlueMango
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

I had a set of Sparcos in my V for SEMA and I had the brackets made. It was cheaper than I thought it would be and they were able to make them so that I could still slide the seats forward and back. I suggest looking into it and getting it priced out.

my_new_v
Car: 2008 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

Im not hating in any way or not trying to be mean. But your putting alot of stuff in/on your car to make it look fast when it really isnt...thats one of the deffinitions of a ricer

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

I used to be somewhat of a ricer myself.

You got to give the guy some credit of what he's putting into his car. It's his money and he can do whatever he wants, to each's own. He seriously should consider either signing up for HIN or NOPI and showing everyone.

Personally, I wouldn't spend money on those type of products for the V. If that were the case, I'd get a Sentra SE-R Spec V or an Altima if I wanted something fast.

Red Devil

When I say stuff like that people act like I'm peeing on the Shroud of Turin.

Knightro2
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

I thought you were. I guess I was mistaken! lol

Oh wait, was that wrong? Eh, I'm going to hell anyway.

my_new_v

Mile High Versa wrote:I used to be somewhat of a ricer myself.

You got to give the guy some credit of what he's putting into his car. It's his money and he can do whatever he wants, to each's own. He seriously should consider either signing up for HIN or NOPI and showing everyone.

Personally, I wouldn't spend money on those type of products for the V. If that were the case, I'd get a Sentra SE-R Spec V or an Altima if I wanted something fast.
oh i do give him credit for what hes done, hes got a good looking V...but racing seats in a car that has just over 100hp...i just dont see the point, it may look good, but people are going to look at it as "racing seats in an economical car?". ive been to enough car shows and heard what people typically say about certain types of cars. so i do give you props russianbull for a good looking V, but i personally think the raacing seats are going too far

lovesaga

my_new_v wrote:
oh i do give him credit for what hes done, hes got a good looking V...but racing seats in a car that has just over 100hp...i just dont see the point, it may look good, but people are going to look at it as "racing seats in an economical car?". ive been to enough car shows and heard what people typically say about certain types of cars. so i do give you props russianbull for a good looking V, but i personally think the raacing seats are going too far
People do it in Civics all the time pushing the same HP as us. They also lower, add colored rims, and Dual exhausts. ITs been happening cause they wanted to. I say go Red Bull its your car and your project. Plus the customization keeps it from looking like all the other Versa's. I don't know about you guys. I'm seeing 4x times the Versa I used to see, and they all are hatches where I live. I'm so glad I have an exhaust and OEM spoiler to differentiate my car from the pack. I guess its the it thing to get a Versa hatch now. enjoy it while it lasts.

Red Devil

my_new_v wrote:so i do give you props russianbull for a good looking V, but i personally think the racing seats are going too far
So a racing seat would be overdoing it? So the headlight mascara, gigantic spider on the side, Altezza lights, spider seat covers, ricey wing and the webs everywhere isn't? A cheap racing seat is what will put this car over the top? Right.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not bashing your opinion or disagreeing with you. Personally, I think a racing seat in any car that doesn't see any track duty or aggresive driving that necessitates a 3 or 4 point harness is pointless too. I just think that his car overdid it a looooong time ago. If he wants to add another pointless thing then it's his cash. If he wants to post picture of said thing after it's done then he can as well. He should be prepared for some less than positive criticism if he does.

Once again, opinion. You can disagree with it, just keep it mature and don't be all, "OMGZ RED DEVIL!!!! YOU ARE TEH SUXXORZ FOR DIS3GR33ING WTH TEH MODZORZ!!!!!!".

Remember, I'm not stealing your girlfriend, dumping the bastard child we created in your lap, taking the dog, taking the apartment, kicking you in your nuts, having a 4-way with your ex, your sister and your mom and then dropping a deuce in your cereal. Just expressing my opinion.

lovesaga

But you are a Jerk. Just making a good call here.

Atx_Versa
Car: 2008 Nissa Versa SL

Red Devil wrote:Remember, I'm not stealing your girlfriend, dumping the bastard child we created in your lap, taking the dog, taking the apartment, kicking you in your nuts, having a 4-way with your ex, your sister and your mom and then dropping a deuce in your cereal. Just expressing my opinion.
Dude do you have a book of these "sayings" laying around somewhere?!?!

I say go for it as long as you keep the spider man theme up

my_new_v

Red Devil wrote:
So a racing seat would be overdoing it? So the headlight mascara, gigantic spider on the side, Altezza lights, spider seat covers, ricey wing and the webs everywhere isn't? A cheap racing seat is what will put this car over the top? Right.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not bashing your opinion or disagreeing with you. Personally, I think a racing seat in any car that doesn't see any track duty or aggresive driving that necessitates a 3 or 4 point harness is pointless too. I just think that his car overdid it a looooong time ago. If he wants to add another pointless thing then it's his cash. If he wants to post picture of said thing after it's done then he can as well. He should be prepared for some less than positive criticism if he does.

Once again, opinion. You can disagree with it, just keep it mature and don't be all, "OMGZ RED DEVIL!!!! YOU ARE TEH SUXXORZ FOR DIS3GR33ING WTH TEH MODZORZ!!!!!!".

Remember, I'm not stealing your girlfriend, dumping the bastard child we created in your lap, taking the dog, taking the apartment, kicking you in your nuts, having a 4-way with your ex, your sister and your mom and then dropping a deuce in your cereal. Just expressing my opinion.
lol i didnt know he had all that. as far as i knew he only had the eyelid mask thingers and the tails lights lol

Oh, and i actually saw a versa at the track 2 weekends ago. it was a sl stock (from appearance) and had the cvt. it did 18.7 and i dont remember the mph

Red Devil

lovesaga wrote:But you are a Jerk. Just making a good call here.
Absolutely. I'm a highly opinionated *******. I'm just saying, compared to everything else, I don't think the racing seats are going to put it over the top.

.....what? I'm not going to do one every goddamned post....

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

I think the military got to you RD, you should take some leave. I saved up 45 days of leave before I got out of the Navy, well worth it IMO.

Red Devil

I'm in the PaANG. It's not my fulltime job. I work at TMI as a security officer.

It's getting annoying, people thinking I'm an angry person all the time or something because I'm in the military. The only reason I ever get disgruntled on here is from people being ignorant douchebags.

my_new_v

Red Devil wrote:The only reason I ever get disgruntled on here is from people being ignorant douchebags.
amen to that

reyes1212
Car: Super Black '07 Nissan Versa

my_new_v wrote:Im not hating in any way or not trying to be mean. But your putting alot of stuff in/on your car to make it look fast when it really isnt...thats one of the deffinitions of a ricer
It's only when it doesn't look good, not to make it look fast necessarily. You can make a car look good, regardless of the speed, and then you can slap on a no name brand wing that is made of plastic that announces, "Rice...let me be eaten."

mightyversa

God Darnit!! Why cant anyone just get along? I mean I dont think anyone hates me in this forum do they? I dont hate anyone else because I think of everyone as my Versa brothers and sisters. I know we dont want our Versa to take on a Ricer image, but guess what, iinevitably in a couple years, some teen is going to get their hands on a used Versa and rice the **** out of it. The Versa is one of the lowest priced cars in CANADA right now and probably not far behind in the US, and once we start rolling over to 150,000 km (93,000 miles roughly) the versa is going to turn into another Civic, Cavalier, Protege and so on.

IMO, I think installing a racing seat would actually be an ASSET in regards to COMFORT LEVELS. I hate the seats in the Versa, I would rather a nice bucket/race inspored seat myself. Now you cant argue over that!

Knightro2
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

The SL seats are much more comfortable than the S seats.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”