R34 neo ecu wiring help needed please

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
retro_collectables

Hi there

im new to the forum and could really do with some help please.

i know it may look like im asking for a lot of info but i have really been struggling to finish my harness off without any help using the limited info available on the rb25det neo stuff

I have a series 2 RB25DET engine from a 1997 stagea auto which uses a very similar engine loom as the R34 NEO.

Spent the last few weeks trauling the internet for pin out diagrams & any info regarding conversions, the last few days ive been carefully removing all wiring relating to auto gearbox, wipers & abs etc which are not needed in my conversion.

I am now left with some wires that i need help with which run through the following connectors,

● Grey ECU connector
● F3 connector 
● White 17 pin connector 
● x2 rectangular body connectors (x1 black 8 pin, x1 white 7 pin)

if someone could give me some guidance on the list below i would be very very grateful.

● Pin22, check (diagnosis) start (black/white, pink ○ ) F3 plug to ECU

● Pin29, vehicle speed sensor signal 2 (yellow/green, pink ○ ) F3 plug to ECU (i beleive this was for the output shaft rotation sensor that was in the auto box, will a signal still be required for engine to operate correctly?

● Pin 34, "1" position switch signal ( blue) F3 plug to ECU

● Pin 35, "2" position switch signal ( pink/black) F3 plug to ECU

● Pin37, throttle opening signal (purple/white)
(This wire goes from the TPS on throttle body, inside the car via the F3 plug and back out via white 17 pin plug to the ECU)

● Pin 38, "D" position switch signal ( light green/red) F3 plug to ECU

● Pin 39, park/neutral position signal (green/orange, pink ○ ) F3 plug to ECU
(Im guessing this is to disable engine start unless in park or neutral, should this be earthed to enable the engine to start?)

● Pin 40, "R" position switch signal ( red) F3 plug to ECU

● Pin 43, sensor ground (shielded orange/blue) F3 plug to ECU
(There is also a grey wire that is spliced into the orange/blue wire which are both shielded together also going to the F3 plug)

● PIN 61, exhaust temperature sensor signal (red/black, pink ○ ) white 17 pin plug to ECU 
(is it just a simple case of supplying an earth along with this wire to the sensor?, is the sensor needed for engine to run safely?)

● Pin 75, receive (data input to control unit) (brown/yellow, pink○ ) F3 plug to ECU

● Pin 76, transmit (data output to control unit) (yellow, pink ○ ) F3 plug to ECU (Would this be the wire for my diagnostic plug/fault code reader?)

● Pin 111, fuel pump terminal voltage control output signal (orange/black)
F3 plug to ECU

● Pin 119, power indicator lamp (purple/red) F3 plug to ECU

I also now have a loose wire next to the firewall grommet on the passenger compartment side
● x1 brown wire that splices into x4 other brown wires going to AAC valve, VCTS solenoid, lambda sensor & boost solenoid,
(I belive this should be wired to IGN + to power all the above??)

Ok last few wires are from the x2 rectangular body plugs

X1 wire from the black 8 pin rectangular body plug
● goes to pin 60 on ecu, oil temperature sensor signal (white/black)
(Is this needed somewhere or can i just wire it up to an external oil temp gauge??)

X2 wires from the white 7 pin rectangular body plug
● large green/white wire with pink ○ going to the injector loom
(Would this be the 12v ign feed to power the injectors??)

● small black/white wire which goes to pin 109 on the ecu (control unit power supply counter-electromotive current feedback curcuit)

If anyone could be kind enough to help me out i would really appreciate it :dblthumb:

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

I'd suggest heading over to the RB Forum see if anyone over there can help you. What you're asking would probably be better suited over there.

retro_collectables

Hello GD,
thanks for the tip.
will re post in the section you suggested

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”