R33 with R32 Rear End? Possible?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
SPB PELICAN
Car: Toyota AE86 GTS Hatchback

So I live in the US and I am well aware of all the importation problems concerning the Skylines. Buying a motorex is kind of pricey and out of the question for me, and as I'm sure all of you know (or at least most) the R33 is legal to have in the US due to the airbag testing Motorex did with this model. In order for them to be legal you must go through some additional people upon importing (an RI) who will do the necessary modifications to legalize it, once that is done it can be released to the rightful owner. With that being said I'm looking to buy a R33 overseas (because they are a fraction of the price than the ones you can get in the US) and do everything to legalize it... Only thing is, is that I would much rather get a R32 only because I love the way they look. What I was thinking of doing is finding a R32 rear end and fitting it onto the R33 im looking to purchase. The question is can this be done? Has it been done? Is there a kit one can buy? ANY suggestions or answers will be greatly appreciated, and thanks to all that can help me out!

Raybrant
Car: 2005 CS 350Z

Why don't you just wait until 2014 like everybody else is?

R32's are cheaper than R33's too.

SPB PELICAN
Car: Toyota AE86 GTS Hatchback

Thats still 2 years and I'm looking to replace my ae86.

tyndago

Pipe dreams and smoke.

Its cute though.

jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

man why would you want to! if you have around,$15.ooo to import both car and rear clip then cost of labor to weld brace weld sanding and enough body filler to smoother a small child,yes its possible but why.why !.........DO IT

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

buying a skyline over in the UK or japan will run 3-5K us, shipping is about 6500, then you gotta dish about 30k more to JK for the bond release and required conversions so about 40K total

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”