R33 sputtering/stalling problem

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
DR-33EfrenPR
Car: Nissan Skyline R-33 GTS-t

:inout: Hey guys a few weeks ago when my car finally arrived to Italy it started to sputter at high revs between 5-6k and then slowly got worse and worse at first I thought it was the fuel filter cuz it's just doing everything a bad fuel filter would do so after a few days of looking online for someone that would ship to italy I got it and I swaped it out and nothing :wtf2: I cleaned the MAF and nothing changed the sparkplugs and nothing so now I'm wondering what it could be. I just moved to Italy from the UK (I'm in the U.S. Air Force) and I don't know any other skyline owners around the area. any help would be great for now this is my daily driver and don't want it to get f***ed up, thanks! :dblthumb:

Bigalow311
Car: Nissan 350z

Try the RB section of these forums or go to GTR.CO.UK (the mecca of everything R-chassis)

tyndago

Whats done to the car?

When was the last time the coils were replaced?

Did you check for vacuum leaks?

How much boost?

How did the plugs look?

DR-33EfrenPR

As far as engine mods it's pretty much stock except for and air intake, intercooler, manual boost controller, and exhaust system.

I don't know as I bought the car a few months ago and I've been looking into them but can't find someone who will ship to italy.

No

right now is at 9psi

I replaced and gapped them right after my last drift even in the UK where it started doing it.

tyndago

It sounds like it could be a coil harness or coil. They get crispy over time, changing the plugs, sometimes hurts the wires.Corrosion and brittleness in the connectors.

Sometimes when you change the plugs, you drop the carbon. This extra gap causes misfires.

DR-33EfrenPR

Coil packs are on order, I was wondering if that would be the cause because it didn't use to do it all the time it would just come and go as it pleased... Now it's just not drivable, I'm riding with a friend to and from work as much as I can till I get my coilpacks. what else would it be if that doesn't fix it?

tyndago

DR-33EfrenPR wrote: much as I can till I get my coilpacks. what else would it be if that doesn't fix it?
Fuel pump, vacuum leak.

Boostoff
Car: 1995 R33 Skyline GTST

I can help you with APO to APO, i'm in the Army in Germany. PM me your address and I can send you some good r33 S1 coils and a GTST fuel pump this week if you need. I also have a whole r33 S1 I am parting out here if you need anything else.

-Matt

DR-33EfrenPR

Boostoff wrote:PM me your address
I'm trying but it says that feature is not available because I'm new? :wtf2: if you can PM me your e-mail and I'll shoot you my address. what color is the r33? I might buy some body parts from you.

DR-33EfrenPR

Mine is an 1995 S1 too so I really could use some parts

r3al.ch1ck3n
Car: 93 BNR32 - Daily
89 BNR32 (SOLD)
92 BNR32 (Parted Out)
93 FD3S (SOLD)

Possible boost leak? My couple popped off on my BNR32 and it ran like garbage..

Auto Extreme

I`d go with an air leak or coilpacks aswell. Check all air pipes very carefully for a bad join, loose clamp or split hose. It might not be easy to see as sometimes these things only happen on boost. The air pressure opens up the split and makes it run badly.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”