R32GTR seized, forced to export. Need some advice/contacts overseas!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
xX RB Xx
Car: SE3P, FC3S, FC3C.

my buddie is an import and exporter. I can talk to him to see what the can find out for you.

noobedloser

sue someone saying that they are depriving you the right to property and try to find a good lawyer to help you defend that case.

thomasK(austin)
Car: '93 TT Z32, '82 bmw 320i

noobedloser wrote:sue someone saying that they are depriving you the right to property and try to find a good lawyer to help you defend that case.
please do, that would be nice. I am trying to compare what this one RI is telling with with a 2nd opinion.

thomasK(austin)

Vandrel wrote:I may be able to help get you a place as well that is just outside the U.S. and a place that it can be shipped to with no problems, they accept Skylines.

Shoot me a email if you are still needing help, [email protected]
thanks. i was thinking bahamas but its a 52% import duty, even though the car is probably technically only worth about $5k, tax wouldnt be too bad.

thomasK(austin)

thomasK(austin) wrote:
please do, that would be nice. I am trying to compare what this one RI is telling with with a 2nd opinion.
oops, wrong quote button. Ive already sued someone, its time consuming and expensive. would like to avoid that route.

thomasK(austin)

xX RB Xx wrote:my buddie is an import and exporter. I can talk to him to see what the can find out for you.

RtsLanEVO5

What states do the reassigned VIN?

bsaw32
Car: skyline GTR

insane story bad luck man hope it works out for you

Island180sx

thomasK(austin) wrote:
thanks. i was thinking bahamas but its a 52% import duty, even though the car is probably technically only worth about $5k, tax wouldnt be too bad.
Bro i live in the bahamas and duty went up to 55% on cars 10 grand and under. Its not that big of a jump. I have imported cars here before. I had a 92 GTS-t earlier this year but i wrecked it drifting. I currently got a 180sx. I just imported this last month. If you need anymore information hit me up. Ill see if i can find a storage place down here for u. YOU CAN IMPORT ANYTHING DOWN HERE. If your still interested let me know. Hate to see your car go to waste like that. I have a vonage phone with a US number if u wanna call to find out info.

nickledimeme
Car: 1971 DATSUN 510

I have been reading about this expensive issue you have on your hands. I started to wonder if you could export it to a U.S. Indian Tribe Reservation some how, and have it stored there. They are their own nation sort of...with al sorts of loop holes for their favor.

Just an idea.

I am sure there is fireworks/liquor/smokes warehouse that could store it for you.

RHD

Do you want to sell it, or are you looking to keep untill 2015 then import it back. Cause if the price is right, there are people in Canada that would buy it

moso240
Car: Ferrari V12 Powered S13

i wouldnt mind holding it for you...got a nice heated garage in a house in colombia ..would have to charge you rent tho...

S13Joe
Car: 92 Coupe

i think this is the only way to have a legal skyline. i actually called this place out of curiosity and they told me alot of stuff

http://www.kaizoindustries.com/uni/

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

DirtyGhettoKids wrote:i think this is the only way to have a legal skyline. i actually called this place out of curiosity and they told me alot of stuff

http://www.kaizoindustries.com/uni/
Please read this:

http://www.nicoclub.com/articl...shtml

thomasK(austin)

Island180sx wrote:
Bro i live in the bahamas and duty went up to 55% on cars 10 grand and under. Its not that big of a jump. I have imported cars here before. I had a 92 GTS-t earlier this year but i wrecked it drifting. I currently got a 180sx. I just imported this last month. If you need anymore information hit me up. Ill see if i can find a storage place down here for u. YOU CAN IMPORT ANYTHING DOWN HERE. If your still interested let me know. Hate to see your car go to waste like that. I have a vonage phone with a US number if u wanna call to find out info.
Thanks for the help guys. You can PM me your number? If the canada thing doesnt work out i am going to the bahamas, then to canada. Im going to bring the car back in 2015 if it all works out.

I still havent heard back from customs. I call them every week and ask them what is going on, they say "you will hear something soon" everytime.

Ill keep everyone informed, not going to let the thread die.

DawgMode
Car: 180sx

thomasK(austin) wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. You can PM me your number? If the canada thing doesnt work out i am going to the bahamas, then to canada. Im going to bring the car back in 2015 if it all works out.

I still havent heard back from customs. I call them every week and ask them what is going on, they say "you will hear something soon" everytime.

Ill keep everyone informed, not going to let the thread die.
wassup buddy u never got back to me from when we where talking ont gtroc.

thomasK(austin)

DawgMode wrote:
wassup buddy u never got back to me from when we where talking ont gtroc.
yea it seemed like my thread on gtroc kinda died off. Its no biggie, i just want to let everyone know what is going on. Its been almost 4 goddamn months since i sent in my petition just to export it, **** these people are lazy. Our tax dollars at work.

SR240SEX
Car: 91 240sx

The easiest way out of this is to have the car exported to a country closest that doesn't have crazy import laws/ prices. Then have the car exported from said country and send it to Canada and store it there.

Logistis companies do these things all the time without the car ever leaving the freighter, as it's cargo. Case in point, due to China/ Taiwan laws, no cargo can be directly imported from China to Taiwan. Therefore, they must have the freighter stop in Japan (a southern island). Japan's customs takes a boat to the freighter and processes import/ export documents while collecting a fee. The freighter then moves to Taiwan. I know this as I bought cargo from China, had it shipped to Taiwan, then to Okinawa Japan. Ironically this was cheaper than using Japanese freight forwarding from Tokyo to Okinawa.

The island is ishigaki jima.. Google is your friend!!

elitetuningimports
Car: R32 Skyline GTR

sorry to hear about your loss but something just doesnt add up about this. there has to be more to this story its a hunk of metal thats it. brought in as parts or not no one cares that its here. unless there was a blatant disregard for the law and trying to bring it in through customs...and getting caught up i dont know how they would come to you personally. how about the customs agent that let it in what about them? what if you did bring it in as parts and kit car it....nothing they can do... once you pass the necessary barriers they are ****ed in proving anything. i would like to know more background if possible. and if your not willing thats ok too. and ps. if i had a way to help you i would. im just discussing thats all

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

The car does not meet Gov standards which is why it is black listed. For the most part they simply don't enforce the rules but it does not mean they won't. Based on your username I would have expected you would know the rules?

elitetuningimports

If the issue was serious enough to warrant a personal meet and greet by homeland security why go that far.......why not add to the negative stigma that is "skyline" and allow dmv's to turn away anyone attempting paperwork with skyline, gtr , nissan, kit car in the same sentence.

THAT would be blacklisting. And what about all the other skyline owners.... can they not all speak up ? everyone has track cars right ? oh and they are all grandfathered in too right ? there was a chain of events that led to this seizure i believe. just my .02 cents

Also Im new to the forum yes but not the issues. If this was discussed before im sorry.

Vandrel
Car: R33

all of this has been discussed before and beat to death, infact i'm suprised this thread is still going on.

elitetuningimports

i know it has but i hate seeing unfinished threads lol off topic but has anyone done an east coast skyline meet before ?

Vandrel
Car: R33

yes we have been planning one for a few months now at deals gap

email me for more info

[email protected]

nissandoms47
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SEV6-Custom 7" lift-33-1250R15 BFG KM2- a bunch of other s*** i cant think of

Im never in here but this is a very interesting story.. My idea if I were you is export it and reimport it and get it back in your hands and get a new vin assigned to it and just lay low for awhile. haha. Like people have posted up, with a new assigned vin number they cant track it. Or totally just get it registed as some other car (swap tags, vin plates etc) but you'd get ****ED if someone found out. Or just get it imported and keep it in your garage? So at least you can store it in your hands til 2015. Dont get it registed or anything like that so the feds wont be knocking on your door again. Unless you have to register it when you get it imported back.

jav4820
Car: ford

I feel your pain!! REad my expereince

I'm form San Jacinto (Shepherd TX) county Texas but lived in europe and while there I bought a 96 GTST TURBO from the UK. Paid 7500GBP cash. I bought it in 2004 and drove it from london through the tunnel across europe into the Czech Republic where I lived and work. Wonderful Experience!!!

In late 2006 I wanted to move back to Texas and so had alot of cash with me, coordinated with shipping company and RI from TX and thought this would be enough to ship, change glass, door seats ect. through a RI.

It gets to customs and immediately they wanted to crush it and acted like they didnt want to release it so can ship back to EU! I called other RI from other states they didtn want to help at all, Ri companies said they did not deal with skylines unless$$$$. A nightmare! I had complete history from when I bought in UK and got it registered through a DMV like place in Prague. Perfectly street legal car which exceeded EU standards and legalities.

I shipped it back to CZE after almost 2 months and they charged me storage!!

My RI also changed their attitude and wanted way more money and it was not a garantee. THey say the DOCS I had were Skyline **** over email!! I was enraged. Dont deal with RI in TEXAS unless you want to get burned. I am not saying names. RI thing is a really a govt red tape that pits citizens against each other.

Matter in fact the GOVT do not want these cars in the US period!!! I see the folks here who post and I shake my head. They will find a way to take your car and make you spend the dough to get it back. YOu can also thank the idiots who race in heavy traffic and show no regards respect to life which causes the strict rules.

The Govt left it up to each port's discretion to decide if a skyline gets in or not. Believe it or not! My opinion is if it gets through then someone had a brother n law or a hook up somewhere. If it is legal then they paid out of the a$$.

I think after 25 years they will change the rules somehow to not let them in country. The person is right to say its sad that DHS cant find a real job to do/

In the mean time I have perm residency in CZE so good news the car is my name still. I definately pay my child support ... 250/month. I also maintain the INS. So in 13 years hopefully I can get it to USA. It sucks having to live in US and get to drive once a year when I visit but most importantly I get to see my son.

Thanks for Reading

Largekid
Car: '96 RB S14 SE, '04 LS6 CTS-V

damn thomas!! just came accross this, sorry to see bro! hopefully you get this all figured out.

thomasK(austin)

jav4820 wrote:I feel your pain!! REad my expereince

I'm form San Jacinto (Shepherd TX) county Texas but lived in europe and while there I bought a 96 GTST TURBO from the UK. Paid 7500GBP cash. I bought it in 2004 and drove it from london through the tunnel across europe into the Czech Republic where I lived and work. Wonderful Experience!!!

In late 2006 I wanted to move back to Texas and so had alot of cash with me, coordinated with shipping company and RI from TX and thought this would be enough to ship, change glass, door seats ect. through a RI.

It gets to customs and immediately they wanted to crush it and acted like they didnt want to release it so can ship back to EU! I called other RI from other states they didtn want to help at all, Ri companies said they did not deal with skylines unless$$$$. A nightmare! I had complete history from when I bought in UK and got it registered through a DMV like place in Prague. Perfectly street legal car which exceeded EU standards and legalities.

I shipped it back to CZE after almost 2 months and they charged me storage!!

My RI also changed their attitude and wanted way more money and it was not a garantee. THey say the DOCS I had were Skyline **** over email!! I was enraged. Dont deal with RI in TEXAS unless you want to get burned. I am not saying names. RI thing is a really a govt red tape that pits citizens against each other.

Matter in fact the GOVT do not want these cars in the US period!!! I see the folks here who post and I shake my head. They will find a way to take your car and make you spend the dough to get it back. YOu can also thank the idiots who race in heavy traffic and show no regards respect to life which causes the strict rules.

The Govt left it up to each port's discretion to decide if a skyline gets in or not. Believe it or not! My opinion is if it gets through then someone had a brother n law or a hook up somewhere. If it is legal then they paid out of the a$$.

I think after 25 years they will change the rules somehow to not let them in country. The person is right to say its sad that DHS cant find a real job to do/

In the mean time I have perm residency in CZE so good news the car is my name still. I definately pay my child support ... 250/month. I also maintain the INS. So in 13 years hopefully I can get it to USA. It sucks having to live in US and get to drive once a year when I visit but most importantly I get to see my son.

Thanks for Reading
Wow, hope that works out for you.

Just as a general update for everyone, i have still not received anything in writing as to the decision regarding me exporting the car. At the beginning of this ordeal i assumed exporting it would be as easy as 1-2-3, but its turning out to be questionable at best. I am crossing my fingers that they will allow me to do so.

I talk to the place that is storing the car, they say its there and being moved (dont you mean abused??) around the lot once in a while. Makes me wish i would have taken out the ECU or something so it wouldnt have even started...wasnt thinking at the time.

I realize now that this car is part of something larger than my individual case. It is and probably being held as evidence in a larger case against the original importer. That is the only reason i see why it is taking so long.

Hopefully the gov't has some type of sympathy and take my petition to heart....pray for me, it really sucks paying off a car that you dont have. Where's my bailout!!??

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Hey, Thomas.

Thanks for the update on this. I had kinda been wondering what had come of it, and you must have had some sort of mental telepathy cause a day later, here is the update...lol. Scarry.

Anyway, be sure to keep us posted any time you get new information.

I think it would be a good bit of reading for anyone thinking they want to try and get by the importing laws.

Remember kids, they are laws for a reason, and if you break them, bad things happen.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Gold Digger wrote:they are laws for a reason.
Not always true.
Gold Digger wrote:if you break them, bad things happen.
Almost always true.

I am worried about getting my RS back. It will be 25 years-old but still, s*** happens.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”