R32GTR seized, forced to export. Need some advice/contacts overseas!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
thomasK(austin)
Car: '93 TT Z32, '82 bmw 320i

man, i am still waiting on customs to give me my appeal paperwork. The lady at the office said they have 60 days, but cant they get it to me faster.

I am still trying to find a trustworthy source overseas. My main countries are probably UK or New Zealand. I have some leads in UK through some guys i know, but nothing solid yet.New Zealand is a good choice because of the $$$ exchange rate.

Ill keep everyone posted on what is going on with my situation. I hate dealing with this crap of exporting, it makes it such a pain.

Vandrel
Car: R33

thomasK(austin) wrote:man, i am still waiting on customs to give me my appeal paperwork. The lady at the office said they have 60 days, but cant they get it to me faster.

I am still trying to find a trustworthy source overseas. My main countries are probably UK or New Zealand. I have some leads in UK through some guys i know, but nothing solid yet.New Zealand is a good choice because of the $$$ exchange rate.

Ill keep everyone posted on what is going on with my situation. I hate dealing with this crap of exporting, it makes it such a pain.
Ask the guys on zeroyon, I bet one of them will be willing to help you out and could probably get it back state-side for you as well.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

I would seriously consider finding a place in Canada to store it. It's cheaper and closer than sending it overseas. Hell, Toronto is just across the lake from Detroit...

bnr32gtr

C33LaurelRacer wrote:I would seriously consider finding a place in Canada to store it. It's cheaper and closer than sending it overseas. Hell, Toronto is just across the lake from Detroit...
its not allowed to go directly to a NAFTA country(canada or mexico).only way to get it to canada will be to send it to a country that allows these cars then send it to canada.

Driftcardotnet
Car: 1990 pignose 240sx w/1997 (actual kouki) 180sx SR20DET

homeland security... wtf, since when did skylines pop up on the terrorlst watch list? maybe they need to focus more on border security, and cocaine smuggling....

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Because the US Customs Service is part of Homeland Security

thomasK(austin)

Vandrel wrote:
Ask the guys on zeroyon, I bet one of them will be willing to help you out and could probably get it back state-side for you as well.
any specific person i should talk to there?

bnr32gtr

Driftcardotnet wrote:homeland security... wtf, since when did skylines pop up on the terrorlst watch list? maybe they need to focus more on border security, and cocaine smuggling....
after 9-11 GWB gave customs new glorified names,i guess customs got tired of being glorified security guards

Vandrel

thomasK(austin) wrote:
any specific person i should talk to there?
Surf through the Japan section and look for a post by 1EVILFD3S, check out his post on how he brought his RX-7 back to the U.S. very good info!

There's no specific person to talk to on there, most all of them are military or speak good english. I'm sure if you make a post on the Japan section someone will be willing to give you a hand in your situation. They have 20ft container storage at Naha port area which you could probably get your car dropped in or pay someone to send it back to you and try again

Soravia
Car: 2003 Audi A4 1.8T

Is it possible for you to sell it to a UK owner on eBay?

Go check on the Aussie sites and sections. They have it good there so you can export to them easily.

thomasK(austin)

Soravia wrote:Is it possible for you to sell it to a UK owner on eBay?

Go check on the Aussie sites and sections. They have it good there so you can export to them easily.
I could probably sell it to someone in the UK or Austrailia, but i couldnt sell it for much thats for sure. I would rather have it stored somewhere in the UK, new zealand, etc then bring it back when its 25 years old. Then i can at least have something for my money. Just trying to find someone trustoworthy overseas.

gunsaitouge

This totally sucks, I am so sorry man... I hope that some day we can live in peace with "the man" lol

autocrossing

chaosli wrote:send it to china!!
lol no! they'll copy it and in a month there will be knockoff skylines all over ebay!

RobDET
Car: Cars

I've been away from the forums for a LOOONG time. I know when motorex was importing skylines they were the "ONLY" company. Actuially any company on that .gov list of importers could do it but motorex was suposedly the only... well we all know the story, however something to have your lawyer look into is this legislation.

I'm sure i'ts been discussed or whatever. Just tryin' to help out. If you could do something to disable the car maybe you could keep it as a "display" car till it's old enough, especially sense it looks like you've got other vehicles. Might help to convince the feds.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/1...state/

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

The 25 year rule works for when you import the car. If it doesn't have paper work stating that it was 25 years old when you brought it in, it doesn't work.

You can't just bring a car in, let it sit, and then it's all good. Doesn't work like that.

His best bet is to find someone he trusts, preferably a trusted NICO member to sell/hold the car in another country and have it sent back when it's time.

You could always send it back to Japan. You get the storage unit squared away, I'll make sure it gets there, and I'll keep it started once a month, keep fluids and such in good shape.

And no, I won't drive it.

Soravia
Car: 2003 Audi A4 1.8T

I might pick up on moving to Australia. I could start a storage busniess and store all the R32, R34, S15 and stuff there.

I say send it to Japan and store it in a cheap place. There are few people in Japan who would steal a car. Most people go by without cars their entire life.

Sebba

Hey dude, I sent you an email

averse
Car: 88 Chrysler Conquest

Was just linked this post on the starquestclub.com forums. I have no idea if it is an option, but you could ask your lawyer if sending it to a tribal nation (i.e. indian reservation) is an option. I doubt it, but sure would be an easier fix if you could.

Koshin
Car: JP'd out Y32 Gloria GTU, 750 hp '87 Grand National, '63 Impala SS 327/4 speed

How does all this apply to a 91 Silvia?? Just wondering.....

sajori

Dominican Republi - Santo Domingo :would be good place to store it

2lua

Hey Thomask,Have any luck finding someone to store your car yet? i might be able to help you out. LMK2lua

sampsonJ
Car: 85 300zx NA / 92 Fairlady Z TT.

bnr32gtr wrote:its not allowed to go directly to a NAFTA country(canada or mexico).only way to get it to canada will be to send it to a country that allows these cars then send it to canada.
Mexico/Cuba then to Canada?

Vandrel

I may be able to help get you a place as well that is just outside the U.S. and a place that it can be shipped to with no problems, they accept Skylines.

Shoot me a email if you are still needing help, [email protected]

lloyd240sx
Car: s13 240sx sr20det

glad to see people helping others out like this. Makes me feel a little better about the situation if it happens to me or anyone else.

harrypotter
Car: 1990 240sx and 1993 180sx

this will make you mad, but

I know a way not to have your car took----dont buy a GT-R!!!!!!

way over rated and way overpriced in the usa

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

harrypotter wrote:this will make you mad, but

I know a way not to have your car took----dont buy a GT-R!!!!!!

way over rated and way overpriced in the usa
Your post was completely inappropriate. Please refrain from such post in the future.

Enjoy your stay at NICO.

topline
Car: JDM

just sell it to someone in canada and get another one when the time is right.

S13_love

wow that sucks...i never knew homeland security would get so butt-hurt over a car that is "illegal", i bet they wished they owned one...so they decided to take yours

thomasK(austin)

Just a quick update...still waiting on customs to respond to me asking to export the car. They say they have 90 days (lazy bast!@#$). My RI believes she can get it to canada and says she will talk to customs for me if they say no to that.

If i can get it to canada, im going to have a freaking party.

I will keep the thread updated.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Good luck

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”