R32GTR seized, forced to export. Need some advice/contacts overseas!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
noobedloser

lmao with $40K you couldve bought a motorex r32 yay for more skylines being crushed

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

forget that, get the dime!http://www.focusautosales.com/...04527

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

That dime is sweet...AND over 25yo

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Speaking of dimes, there was one at Daikoku Futo the other night that makes me wish I had my good camera and not my cell camera.

1970 Bluebird SSS coupe. Was exported to America, built, then re-imported back to Japan. Owner is a Navy dude.

Car has a mostly stock redtop S13 SR20DET that has turbo mani, Greddy intake mani and FMIC. Still runs the stock turbo.

This car is absolutely stunning. Clean, sharp looking, and under the hood, no non-sense. Just what's needed.

I'll see if I can get a hold of him and find out when he'll be back there again for pictures.

It was just a beautiful car.

thomasK(austin)
Car: '93 TT Z32, '82 bmw 320i

noobedloser wrote:lmao with $40K you couldve bought a motorex r32 at http://www.focusautosales.comyay for more skylines being crushed
nah, im going to wait until r32's are 25 years old and by then they will have flooded canada enough to where i will pick up a couple for under $10k.

if i owned a motorex r32 now, i would try to get rid of it before the 25 yr mark, otherwise the value will plummet.

Oh BTW, customs says they will give me an answer in writing within 30 days....we'll see.

sean8564
Car: 1993 GTR Vspec, 1991 300zx TT Black , 1993 Nissan Silvia, 1990 Nissan 240sx Coupe RB25DET

AZhitman wrote:Guess this puts a little damper on some of the wannabe "importers" we've been punking lately, huh Sean?
Greg i do not import anymore i have not done that in 2 years I sell parts now and that is all I had 20 cars taken away 2 years ago and never will mess with the car agian and the customs told me i could buy them back for export only i know someone who sent there car to the bahamas

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Any importers you can recommend for an 85' RS? What magically happens at 25 years old anyway, I don't have to comply with what exactly?

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

themadscientist wrote:Any importers you can recommend for an 85' RS? What magically happens at 25 years old anyway, I don't have to comply with what exactly?
All you have to do is fill out this form http://204.68.195.250/cars/rul...t.pdfThen check the checkbox in box 1. Hand it to the customs official, and you should be good to go. You may have to provide proof of the manufacturing date, either via the VIN or title and/or previous registration.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

sean8564 wrote:Greg i do not import anymore i have not done that in 2 years I sell parts now and that is all I had 20 cars taken away 2 years ago and never will mess with the car agian and the customs told me i could buy them back for export only i know someone who sent there car to the bahamas
Hey Sean!

My bad - When I said "Sean", I meant Morris. Sorry 'bout that.

thomasK(austin)

EZcheese15 wrote:
All you have to do is fill out this form http://204.68.195.250/cars/rul...t.pdfThen check the checkbox in box 1. Hand it to the customs official, and you should be good to go. You may have to provide proof of the manufacturing date, either via the VIN or title and/or previous registration.
yea after all this stuff happened, i read so much into the NHTSA/DOT/EPA that i was contemplating trying to become an RI. It is very interesting stuff. I suppose after 25 years, the car is considered a classic and with that mentality, only a small percentage of the population drives classics. I guess they figure that if you can keep a 25+ year old car running and drivable, you deserve to drive it. Keep in mind most americans have the mindset that old=gross and ugly, at least wives/fiances/girlfriends.

sean8564
Car: 1993 GTR Vspec, 1991 300zx TT Black , 1993 Nissan Silvia, 1990 Nissan 240sx Coupe RB25DET

AZhitman wrote:
Hey Sean!

My bad - When I said "Sean", I meant Morris. Sorry 'bout that.
hey it is all cool wasnt that the guy they called the skyline king who was busted in FL for bribing officals and falsifing documents

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

No, Sean, I think you are thinking of a guy named Frank Mendoza (think that was his name) who went by the name celm on here and many other boards, as well.

By the way, did you try to call me yesterday?

sean8564

yeah i did

PoundPuppy
Car: 90 GT-R32

Gold Digger wrote:Speaking of dimes, there was one at Daikoku Futo the other night that makes me wish I had my good camera and not my cell camera.

1970 Bluebird SSS coupe. Was exported to America, built, then re-imported back to Japan. Owner is a Navy dude.

Car has a mostly stock redtop S13 SR20DET that has turbo mani, Greddy intake mani and FMIC. Still runs the stock turbo.

This car is absolutely stunning. Clean, sharp looking, and under the hood, no non-sense. Just what's needed.

I'll see if I can get a hold of him and find out when he'll be back there again for pictures.

It was just a beautiful car.
The guy works in Atsugi right across from where i work. Yes, it is an awesome car.....very well done!Thomas, sorry to hear about your car....but thanks for posting this beacuse i am in the middle of working out something like you're trying to do....i have fam in Australia and Canada so im going to hit them up first ....Good Luck.

thomasK(austin)

As another update, the agents are still "processing" the case. This could really mean anything, but im assuming that this case is part of something much larger. Maybe many skylines are being looked at throughout the US and its going to start some domino effect.

I still have not gotten an answer on if i can export it or not, im sure its being held as evidence in this whole mess. I feel sorry for the car, wonder if it has even recieved any bathes? It probably doesnt even run anymore, idiots at the storage lot probably broke it. This whole situation still boils me up to where i cant stand it sometimes, loosing this much money is very hard to deal with.

I have not forgotten to update everyone, it just hard to talk about it, especially when there is no good news or news at all.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

As much as it does suck to talk about it, we do thank you for your information concerning what is going on. Yes, it was a substantial investment that ended up getting pulled from under you.

Let this be a lesson to all those who are trying to get around the laws.

I do hope this works out for you in the long run in one way or another.

DroptopDrifting
Car: 94 240sx limited edition se convertible

just an idea... ship it to the bahamas and then fly out there yourself, find someone with a decent sized boat there and give the guy some money to give you and your car a ride back to florida. then drive it back from florida to texas to your house i'm moving to miami in august, i can help you out. the bahamas is like a 45 min. boat ride to FL.

or if you know anyone in the military stationed out in gitmo, transfer the title to them, have them bring it to cuba, and then once again, find some old cuban with a boat and have him bring you to key west, then drive it back from there.

i'd prefer the first suggestion, much easier lol

Vandrel
Car: R33

I know a guy in Curacao where these things are legal. He'd be happy to hold it for you for a bit I'm sure.

Also, I'm sure it is part of a bigger picture with your case. ICE and CARB raided Kaizo and RB Motoring 22 days ago which leaning towards other things. Not real further information has been put out yet but there's been 1 claim that a guy got a visit from ICE and they are telling him to export as well. His car he shipped through Kaizo when he moved back from overseas (military).

EL MAMITO USMC
Car: SENTRA SER

any idea what they wanted with those shops? its sad that people have decent bussines and that the gov tries to mess with them.

Vandrel

They were checking up on the cars, a lot of other details behind it but cliff notes boil down to Kaizo cars being seized along with inventory computers and paperwork.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Gee, kaizo cars may not be legal after all? Seems a number of people have been stating that for a while now.

discosteak
Car: 240sx

all the more reason to vin swap skylines with 240sx'

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Yeah, if you like being charged for a felony.

discosteak

its only illegal if you get caught. homeland security doesnt come looking for 240's

Vandrel

It's illegal when you cut VIN#'s off of a vehicle. It's not however, illegal to register a car and put a plate on the wrong car by accident :D oopsy

driftmotion
Car: R32GTS-T(track), R32GTS-T(toy), BMW 135i(DD)

maybe you can 2 way it to canada .... ship it to the a non- Nafta country and then ship it to canada .... that should work ..... i used to import cars from japan into canada and that should work fine.

then store it or register it in canada for now and drive it once in a while !!!!!

driftmotion
Car: R32GTS-T(track), R32GTS-T(toy), BMW 135i(DD)

also ..... a guy in canada got an R34 registered by swaping the frame from a 240 onto his skyline ..... way custom but then registered it as a 240 saying that he had custom built this car from a 240 frame (which had proper salvage vins)

might be something to consider!

discosteak

its 1000 times easier to just pop the aluminum plate off the fire wall and replace it with one from a 240. then register the 240 and drive

DroptopDrifting
Car: 94 240sx limited edition se convertible

you people arent getting it. a skyline will register at your state dmv. you xcan get insurance, reg, tags, etc. but on a federal level it is illegal. customs along with DOT are workin hard to keep our roads "safe" and free of vehicles that aren't up to par with our US safety laws and motor vehicle laws. so you can go register your skyline and drive it daily, but if you get caught by a fed, you're done. there is no need to swap vins or frames (which is twice as much work as the car is even worth) as the car will register as is. please read the article about skylines right here on nico, a link of which was posted in this forum, before you guys start poisting stupid senseless posts and nonsense about doing even more illegal s*** than is already being done.

discosteak

DroptopDrifting wrote:you people arent getting it. a skyline will register at your state dmv. you xcan get insurance, reg, tags, etc. but on a federal level it is illegal. customs along with DOT are workin hard to keep our roads "safe" and free of vehicles that aren't up to par with our US safety laws and motor vehicle laws. so you can go register your skyline and drive it daily, but if you get caught by a fed, you're done. there is no need to swap vins or frames (which is twice as much work as the car is even worth) as the car will register as is. please read the article about skylines right here on nico, a link of which was posted in this forum, before you guys start poisting stupid senseless posts and nonsense about doing even more illegal s*** than is already being done.
how could you even remotely say that taking 2 plastic clips off of a fire wall is work let alone more work than the car is worth. what is unsafe about a skyline? they are made of the same s***ty metal that every other nissan is made of. besides its really nothing but a 300zx with a different engine.

who said registering it was a problem? the only problem seems to be registering it as a skyline. why would you want to register a car that is federally illegal anyway?

so aparantly there is two ways to go about owning a skyline, registering it as a skyline and waiting for the fed gov. to come take it. or the way that works and guarantees the gov wont even come looking for it.

who cares if its illegal, it works. i know of two in my area that are registered as 240s both have been pulled over numerous times without problems. and guess what they still go home to the owners driveway every night.

take it from someone who has done it there is a right way and an easy way. yeah the easy way might seem a little shady. but i enjoy getting to keep the things I pay for

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”