r32 rb20 fuel issue

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
shawnfryedrift
Car: 1990 r32 skyline

receentkly bought a r32 gtst from rivsu imports.
ran like s*** since i got it so i dont reccomend this importer.
replaced fuel pump with walbro and it runs slightly better. BUT it runs great at start up , boosts and pulls hard
about 5 min later it bogs. i hard wired fuel pump bypassing relay hoping it would help. it runs but once it starts bogging , i have to turn fuel pump off then back on for it to start pullkng hard again. as asoon as i turn fuekl off and back on it is fine for about 3 minutes, im stumped , any help appreciated

thanks
shawn

Wildtraveler
Car: 2012 mazdaspeed
1989 BNR32

Fuel filter? Are you getting any codes on your ecu? Does it happen if you drive normal or only after you have abused it? Some food for thought.

shawnfryedrift

New fuel filter, does it always whether I boost it or not . If I let it sit it will eventually die and won't restart with fuel pump going until inswitchbfuelnpum off then on

fergyr31
Car: R31 Skyline GTS-X and GTS-R

Buys 25 year old car with unknown maintenance history.......expects it to work flawlessly.........pipe dreams.......

shawnfryedrift

Helpful

M35Squirrel
Car: 1990 GT-R, 2011 M37

I always told people I met who are interested in an R32 to go buy a 1990 Z32 first. They are dirt cheap on craigslist and provide comparable experience of ownership. If you don't have the stomach for a Z32, then you shouldn't own a R32.

That said, are you positive your issue is fuel related? Or more precisely, fuel related in a mechanical way (as opposed to electronics)? What other symptoms have you observed since your last post, and in what circumstance?

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Hop over to the RB forums...look at the shortcuts on the right side of the page. Might have better luck there. I'll see if I can help, though.

Have you tried cleaning your MAFS yet? Are you recirculating back to the bypass valve or venting to the atmosphere?

I had minor issues with my C33 Laurel with an RB20DET when I first got it because the previous owner put a Skyline intake pipe with the stock BPV and was venting it to the atmosphere. Mine didn't bog though. What it would do was after I came to a stop at a light, the revs would drop down to about 500RPM, then it would just start jumping between 800-1100RPM til I start moving again.

Just an idea.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”