R32 GTR Homologation

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
i wanaskyline
Car: 99 and 00 Mustang both in the USA. Nissan R'nessa, and 2 R32 GTR's

So I know most of you are tired of seeing my posts, But here it goes anyway. The R32 GTR I just picked up is a 89. the first 500 were apart of the homologation. Mine is number 439. I have read in several places that there were different speical things about the first 500. Some places have said they were hand assembled, others say the Blocks (not the entire engine and car just the blocks) were N1's b/c most of the 500 were given to either race teams or race R/D teams, and to magizines to have put through their paces for stories before the release of the car to the public.
I have also read there is nothing special about them at all. So as a question does anyone here know anything about this? Thanks

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Ya know, I can't say as I have ever heard anything about this. Sounds kinda interesting though. Would like to read what you find out.

Would be cool to find out that your car has some special little add-ons that most production GT-R's didn't have.

One question...was this just for the 89 model year or was it the same for each consecutive year the GT-R was produced? Or maybe for each chassis model upgrade. i.e. R32 ->R33 -> R34?

tyndago

There have always been "internet rumors" about the early cars, however I think they get confused with the Nismo versions. From 1990 there were 560 Nismo GT-Rs built for homologation. 500 were sold to the public, 60 were held by Nissan to use as chassis for race cars.

I have the FIA homologation papers for the Nismo cars, and Group A racing. Really cool and interesting.

Levelride
Car: R33 GTR

Any chance you could post those homologation papers for the Nismo cars...?

i wanaskyline
Car: 99 and 00 Mustang both in the USA. Nissan R'nessa, and 2 R32 GTR's

From what it sounds like Gold it was only the R32 first 500, and to be exact Tyndago from what I have read it was 510 for h0m0 :chuckle: and yes another 560 for nismos in early 90's and that was part of the Group A h0m0 :chuckle: . I was told that if I can get someone with the nissan FAST program that I should be able to find out from that what is different if anything is. :dblthumb:

tyndago

Levelride wrote:Any chance you could post those homologation papers for the Nismo cars...?
I might eventually post them. I have them all scanned. I think its about 90 pages of papers.

Levelride
Car: R33 GTR

tyndago wrote:
Levelride wrote:Any chance you could post those homologation papers for the Nismo cars...?
I might eventually post them. I have them all scanned. I think its about 90 pages of papers.
Thanks in advance for posting if you do so... Love to learn new info about our cars...

edthemanjp
Car: 1992 Skyline GTR

i wanaskyline wrote:From what it sounds like Gold it was only the R32 first 500, and to be exact Tyndago from what I have read it was 510 for h0m0 :chuckle: and yes another 560 for nismos in early 90's and that was part of the Group A h0m0 :chuckle: . I was told that if I can get someone with the nissan FAST program that I should be able to find out from that what is different if anything is. :dblthumb:
I have Nissan Fast and I also have the R32 Skyline parts book. There are several year breaks for changes and one of the most popular are (8908-9108 Aug 1989 to Aug 1991) (9108-9302 etc) (9302- ). But there lots of breaks as Nissan was continualy making changes and improvements. Have fun researching the manuals for parts, its better to look for particuliar items.
The way to be sure is take a real hard look at your car and one that is truly stock. Look for things like metal attachments on the front A arm area that directs air to the brakes, oil coolers, diff coolers, inspect the engine, some changes may not be evident without a breakdown, and look for differences on the ECU. You have to know everything you're looking at to understand what is different

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”