Quick update on the damage to EV's Versa

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Had a conversation with the body shop today. They're still estimating another 3 weeks to completion.

I got a little more info on the damage. $2600 initial damage estimate, but this is likely to go up.

Front and rear bumpers (full assemblies) including shocks and hardware will need to be replaced, looks like the grille might need to be replaced (it has been stripped off the car), the hatch will be replaced (oddly, they cut out the latch section, I think they need to reuse it or parts of it on the new hatch because of the iKey system), ALL of the interior trim in the trunk and trunk floor pan will need to be replaced, and I also found out that both rear quarters were slightly damaged and will need repair or replacement.

Plus, the left taillens has been stripped out as well... there may have been some damage to the housing behind the lens?

I told the shop to make sure to test the satellite radio afterwards because both the tuner and the antenna were back in that area. Hopefully nothing was damaged there.

The good news is the shop reported that there was next to no frame damage.

The bad news, on a side note, is that my father was involved in a deer-vehicle accident on the highway last night driving his Miata. He thanked me for dragging him to autocrosses, saying it helped him keep control of the car when he swerved to lessen the impact. He's ok, he managed to reduce it to just a glancing blow.

However, said "glancing blow" to his Miata caused at least $1500 damage to the front of it.

campersand

Man, another 3 weeks to wait? You have my sympathies.

Sounds like your family isn't having the best car luck right now. Call all your relatives and tell them not to drive for the next 3 months!

cireecnop1
Car: 2007 Toyota Touring Prius w/Package#5

That sucks. atleast your V will look as good as new, or at least it had better! Im sorry to hear about your dad and his car.

proxim2020

Yea, years back I wanted to buy a Miata. I met a guy who had one and he told me not to buy one if I wanted in a standard. If you have a cup in the cup holder, it's incredibly hard to shift. Also he found that the roofs leak easily.

Anywho, I'm glad to hear that you're father's ok. If you keep up with the pace that you're going with having parts replace, you'll have a new V soon.

Return to “Versa General Chat”