Quick but prob dumb question about 2004 maxima

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Kaioshin1982
Car: Not a 240 =) Thinking of getting one again...

Does the sun roon actually open up? if so how? which direction? and does it slide open or what? also can I get a pic if possible? thx. :)

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

um. the normal retangular sunroof does like on the previous maximas, but the sunroof shaped like slit down the middle, ( call it the piggy bank) will not open up. I guess you could custimize it somehow.

Kaioshin1982
Car: Not a 240 =) Thinking of getting one again...

yeahh thats what I was wondering, the piggy bank thingy. Thank you tho :)

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Strange bit of info I was reading the other day in my Popular Science about that "Piggy bank." Apparently Nissan has a show car using the Piggy Banks (It's a Quest, so it has...er...5 of them) and a very cool new technology called OLED's. OLED stands for Organic Light Emiting Diode (Organic LED). But you won't be finding these in your taillights. OLEDS are transparent until current passes through them, then they act like normal LED's. The opacity of OLED's can be controlled just like the color can. Nissan is aparently planning to put these in the Piggy Banks of future models. A couple of uses discussed for the OLED PB's were playing movies (save on LCD screens, and its bigger anyway) and to change the scenery, such as making a sunny day appear through the PB's on a gray rainy day.

Thought that might interest some of you.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Ooops...just checked my PopSci...it's not a Quest, but rather some concept model designed to show off the OLED PB's.

Ferbs02SMMax

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Strange bit of info I was reading the other day in my Popular Science about that "Piggy bank." Apparently Nissan has a show car using the Piggy Banks (It's a Quest, so it has...er...5 of them) and a very cool new technology called OLED's. OLED stands for Organic Light Emiting Diode (Organic LED). But you won't be finding these in your taillights. OLEDS are transparent until current passes through them, then they act like normal LED's. The opacity of OLED's can be controlled just like the color can. Nissan is aparently planning to put these in the Piggy Banks of future models. A couple of uses discussed for the OLED PB's were playing movies (save on LCD screens, and its bigger anyway) and to change the scenery, such as making a sunny day appear through the PB's on a gray rainy day.

Thought that might interest some of you.

OK. First off props for reading Popular Science. Secondly, man oh man that is a great idea. But then again I probably wouldn't want to ride around with my neck at a weird angle to watch a movie during a trip in the family car/van. Looking up towards the heavens like a schmuck as people drive by me wondering what the heck Im doing.

While they are doing prototype vehicles, I will be more than happy to watch a movie on the ceiling as long as the van comes equipped with an optional barber shop chair which swivels around so I can watch for cops and flip-off tailgaters while I enjoy the fine cinema.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Maybe a good reclining captain's chair option...they could do that easily in the Quest and SUV's. The sedans would be more difficult, though you don't really need the big screens in the maxima, it has the rear center console option with an LCD screen. If they could put those in the windows...especially the back window...you could display "friendly" messages as you pass that moron talking on his cell phone doing 50 on the expressway.

jdmfreak

LOL!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”