questions on r32 skyline

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
[email protected]
Car: 240SX SE

I have been out of the loop for a few years and herd whilst out of the usa that the skyline r32 is avail now, i know there are tonnes of posts on this but would like a good clean answer to a few questions. My cousin has an r32 skyline in there backyard and is giving it to me it runs and drives and needs only rims and tires which i have but i am in ny. So, what do i need to know to tell if its a genuine 1989, i found a few charts but i am still unsure, if i put it on a trailer and bring it across the border with the title and bill of sale what is the procedure, and will i get into any altercations with the law, and whats my next step as my uncle says he can register it and drive it over with steelies also. I figured id ask as this is the only way to get answers for this, i really want to go pick this thing up, but the idea of a track car is a waste of time for me. I havent found another car that i have enjoyed as much as the skyline,i have had one in my home country and would love to have one whilst i am living in the usa can someone with correct info mind pm me and help me figure this out as alot of people seem to be very knowledgeable but when i ask if there 100% everyone says the same thing "YEA"?? but i know they're just talking because who wont want to be part of a skyline conversation. Any way i found a few articles, but saw alot of niconauts have r32s on here can someone please advise me or am i wasting time with this.

If you have nothing good to say please spare us all, i am seeking an adult response thanks.

ca18detgabby
Car: 92 s13 ca18det SOLD, 03 G35

Using the Vin number on the fire wall you can use a Nissan FAST account and pull up all of the information about the chassis and build, including build month and year.

"The importer must file with CBP, upon entry, an EPA form 3520-1 (with a copy of title, etc. attached) and declare code "E" on that form. CBP may waive this requirement for nonresidents traveling temporarily in the U.S. in Mexican or Canadian registered vehicles with no intent to sell the vehicle. You can also obtain the form by calling EPA at 734-214-4100.

The importer is also required to file a DOT form HS-7, which may be available at the port of entry and can be downloaded from the DOT Web site or by calling the Auto Safety Hotline at 1-800-424-9393.

If the car is old enough to be exempt from DOT requirements (the same documents that would confirm this for EPA purposes should also address this issue) the importer may check the block on the HS-7 stating the vehicle does not have to confirm to DOT requirements.
If the vehicle is not old enough to be exempt from DOT requirements, the importer will have to provide proof that the car conforms to DOT safety regulations. Options include a letter from the original manufacturer or a sticker on the inside of the driver's door indicating that the car was manufactured to U.S. standards.
If the importer is unable to prove that a car conforms to DOT requirements, it will have to be imported through a Registered Importer (RI). Classic or antique vehicles are subject to a 2.5% duty rate, which is based on its worth at the time of import. Canadian-made vehicles are generally duty free, provided the importer has valid proof of its origin."

Quote from:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... to-the-u.s.

[email protected]
Car: 240SX SE

thanks so much im feverishly looking into this asap thanks so much

VandrelSOUSA

If you want to verify the year you can just punch in the chassis# on this site, http://www.epc-data.com/

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”