question on possible transmission issues

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
barcode2328
Car: 2013 Infiniti G37x

I have a 2013 G37X with about 36,000 miles on it. I just bought it a few months ago used. Everything about the car is great but it seems like the transmission is a little on the rough side. I am wondering if this is normal or just me worrying over nothing.
The thing I notice is that there are times when I give it a little gas to get going and it seems to be stuck in a higher gear which I can notice the sluggishness. I then give it a little more gas, and still the same. I then give it some more, and it "kicks down" the gear to a lower one but at that point now the car really accelerates and the engine is at some higer RPMs. It seems to do this around 35 miles per hour, or around that range.
Another issue I see with the transmission is that while going about 20 miles per hour, I let off the gas to slow down and then when I want to get going again I give it some gas and it is stuck in a lower gear now (so pretty much the opposite as above). I give it some more gas and it revs up right away to a higer RPM because it is still sitting in a lower gear. It will then shift to a higher gear soon after though. It surprises me because I figure it would have went into the higher gear at that point.
The last thing I notice is that sometimes at random while going into 3rd gear at around 20 mph it seems like it revs a little high going into that gear. The rpms will rev up a bit, then it will settle into that gear.
It has behaved like this soon after I bought the car, and hasn't got any worse. So I'm not sure if this is normal and I am just not used to it, or if something is actually wrong with the transmission. I'm interested to see what fellow G37x owners think of this or people with transmission knowledge in general. Thanks in advance for any input.

barcode2328
Car: 2013 Infiniti G37x

Anyone have any input on my question? Do other people with a 2013 G37x have similar experiences with their transmission?

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

barcode2328 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:41 pm
Anyone have any input on my question? Do other people with a 2013 G37x have similar experiences with their transmission?
Isn't your vehicle still under warranty?
Did you have it inspected by a dealer prior to purchase?

If its still under warranty let your local Infiniti dealer check it out for you

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”