Question about Strut replacement and wheels

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
createaneutron
Car: 2000 Infiniti I 30t

A couple of questions:I have a 2000 I30T. It needs the struts replaced (125k miles). Would most people go with OEM parts or is there a good aftermarket alternative? I am not looking for an adjustable solution.Second question. I have pretty severe pitting on my OEM rims. Would most people replace the rims with a aftermarket wheel, or find an OEM replacement? I am open to suggestions. I haven't seen enough I30's with aftermarket rims to know how they look!Thanks,Joe

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

welcome to nico

tokico blues would be a great non adjustable aftermarket solution to your struts. as far as wheels, there are so many options its ridiculous. mainly depends on your own taste, and whether or not you can find/get what you want.

McSteve
Car: 2001 Infiniti I30

i think aftermarket rims will most likely improve your ride's quality and change the look completely. as i read somwhere on this forum. Shoes make the man, rims make the car. I got a really good deal on mine. You can see em in the sig

MTZI30
Car: 2000 Infiniti I30t

McSteve wrote:i think aftermarket rims will most likely improve your ride's quality and change the look completely. as i read somwhere on this forum. Shoes make the man, rims make the car. I got a really good deal on mine. You can see em in the sig
Actually ride quality depends on the sidewall size. If you go with bigger rims youll have a harsher ride due to the smaller side wall. Since the side wall is smaller the tire has less room to "flex" hence the roguher ride. Rims and tires can be a suspension upgrade since they are the only thing that touches the ground. I think it was gripmotorsports.com, they have the tokico blues for about 70 each. Dont go oem...the stealership will rip you a new one.

createaneutron
Car: 2000 Infiniti I 30t

Thanks for the suggestion of tokico blues and not OEM. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to start when it comes to considering new rims?Thanks

2ndnissan
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

try the Tirekingdom.com site. They have hundreds of rims to look at and pics of your model car with the rims on them so you can get an idea of how something might look.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”