Question about purchasing a G35x

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
benjas

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and the world of G35s. I live in Indiana and am looking at a G35x. I have found two that fit my budget but I am not sure which to get. Both are the same price. I know the 04 eats brakes, so let me know which sounds better, or if I should look at something else. Both of these were found on Craigslist. Thanks so much for your help.

1) 2004 G35x with 135,000 miles
2) 2006 G35x with 168,000 miles

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

The 06 will be a bit nicer car all the way around, lots of little revisions here and there. Better brakes, nicer interior materials etc. Honestly though I'd see which one has a better service history. With that amount of miles on either one, now is the time when its going to become apparent if major services were neglected. And if you're budgeting for a sub 10K car, as it looks like you are, I doubt you want to be spending thousands on repairs in the next few years, which you will be if those cars have been neglected. Important ones to look for are transfer case and differential fluid changes every 30K, transmission fluid changes, coolant flush and brake flush every 60K, and new spark plugs every 90K. Engine air filters and emission/fuel system services are recommended every 15K, but at least make sure they were done at the 30K intervals. Good luck!

benjas

Okay, thank you very much. Now I have another question. With higher miles like I am looking at, are the g35s reliable? Am I getting myself into a mess or will I have a reliable and fun car? How long do the g35s usually last?

Thanks so much to everyone for your help!

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

Like I said, it all depends on the service history. If the owner stuck to the service schedule, or even close to it, these cars will run forever. If not... well. Keep in mind you're dealing with a luxury performance car, so yes they do go through tires and brakes faster than a sentra, you gotta pay to play lol. the AWD's are better for tires because they're the same size at all 4 corners, ergo you can rotate them more easily. I work at an Infiniti dealership, so honestly we don't really get to see the highest mileage ones, because most people who have their cars serviced at the dealership usually trade up every few years. Having said that, 250K-300K is not unrealistic given that the proper services are performed.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

^^ spot-on response

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”