q45 swap

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
300zex
Car: 1993 nissan 300zx twin turbo

Hi guys after some research I'm almost 95% convinced to swap the vh45de to my z32. I have some questions if you guys can help. I've seen other swaps like john dixon's but still not too much talk about numbers. I'm aiming for 450-500hp NA. Is this possible at all with the vh? what would I need without going fi or using itbs? would injectors, cams, headers, intake and tuning do the trick? I have from my car 555 gismo injectors, 3in bb exhaust with test pipes and dual jwt pop chargers, would any of these help to that goal? thanks in advance
P.S- this won't be my dd,and I have nothing against the vg, just too many horror stories about it, and lack of trust in builders as my engine came with a rod knock when I bought the car and a rebuild would be needed.

LEMHEAD16
Car: '12 Genesis Coupe
'95 QofDOOM
'56 Chevy pick up

You would achieve those numbers cheaper and easier with the VG30 and bolt-ons.

500 hp on the VH isn't going to happen without boost or upping the displacement. Cams are hard to find, headers are a custom job, intake is custom. Why 500 HP? That's really more than you need on a street car. My Z has all the bolt ons, no idea how much power it makes, 350 whp maybe? There are very few places I can go flat for any period of time in it.

Unless you are good at fabrication and turning a wrench I'd stick with the VG.

That being said, I swapped the VH into a 240 and it was a blast when it was finished, but it was no where near 500 HP.

Reliability and horsepower are inversely proportionate. I'd rather have 350 reliable HP than 500 that's broke all the time.

300zex
Car: 1993 nissan 300zx twin turbo

Thanks, but I already know that the vg can achieve that with bolts on, matter of fact my car is set up for more than that. I bought the car with JWT 600 sports turbos, 555 injectors, dual JWT pops , stillen intercoolers, apexi boost controller, JWT 400 cams, JWT tuned ecu, 3inch test pipes and bb exhaust, among other minor mods, but the car came with a rod knock. Rebuilding the engine to a point where I don't go backwards would at least require an ipp stage 2, and that costs a lot. Same as you, I value reliability. I couldn't agree more with your points but I'm not really trying to get a monster in the streets, I'm just trying to figure out the numbers for the vh without going fi, neither compromising reliability. I've read they are good to 600hp, some people say more, but i wouldn't push that far. Anyways ls3 drive with more than 500hp daily so is not like 500 hp daily is a crime, although I do acknowledge the problems that can come with it. Last time I checked John's vh was around 460whp with itbs and no tuning, is not that I'm trying to build the best vh out there, just curious since there is not too much info available, like the z32 stages lists. Also I know aftermarket parts are hard to come by but you can find them. I've already found cams, bearings and springs. My thought was to refresh the engine, all new seals, replace springs, bearings, get some cams, 555 injectors injectors, headers and tune it. I have a hard time believing that with that 400hp cannot be reached. But again I'm just asking for people that had already gone the na way with their vhs since the info is so scarce.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I really think that 300HP in a VG and 300HP in a VH are way different, just because of the torque. I'd go ahead and do the swap, and THEN determine how much more power you need.

450HP can be had on the stock MAF and injectors, and past that you're going to need to upgrade both... Even at 400-450HP, I have a hard time believing the stock intake needs to be improved.

Of course, the easiest way to increase the power of an engine is to increase compression ratio...

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”