Q45 member!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
holymolyNc
Car: 1998 Q45
111,000miles
Stock

Hey what's up guys I am new member, but is ready to learn more about this mysterious car (not much info) .So I recently purchase a 1998 Q45 with 111,000 miles for a crazy low steal , but anyways the guy had it under a shed for a long time it was in a minor accident in front just needs bumper,passenger fender,and tie rod everything else works and operates no leaks, no misfire,tranny good,and active suspension still works. My question what type of mainteance do you guys do to your Q that you pay special attention too? What brands do you choose? And any parts should I look forward to replacing? Any advice am very excited too own this car and learn more.

Theres a salvage yard not to far that can order fender and bumper brand new for 200 so looking forward to that, will be posting a pic or 2 in a few

Fly_R_Die

Welcome to the community. I'm relatively new myself :) but I'm sure some of the veteran guys will chime in. I know a thing to keep an eye on after 100k are the knock sensors. I need to do mine soon as a matter of fact.

holymolyNc
111,000miles
Stock

Oh ok, don't know much about the knock sensors but will look into them. It want be my daily driver so I have plenty of time I appreciate the advice

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Biggest things on those cars specifically is the coil packs... The KS are an "issue" 90-01 (they used the same sensor), and may cause a lack of power but certainly won't leave the car non-functional.

Otherwise, you want to keep your fluids fresh, especially if it's been sitting for a long time. By and large the cars are pretty reliable. Once the adjustable suspension starts to go, usually way easier to just go to standard with minimal loss in ride comfort or handling.

holymolyNc
111,000miles
Stock

Alright I know have read a couple of threads saying about the knock sensor, but from what i have read is true that when they fail you want get a "check engine light" and are the 2 hard to replace I do have some car "know how" lol ? Am not to sure on how true. But I plan on upgrading coil packs and chaning the plugs and maybe get the tranny drain and refill, the suspension is ok for the moment and will be looking into upgrading when it does fail

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

The KS are a little tricky to get to, but apparently easier on the second gen Q than the first gen which requires completely tearing apart the upper intake. You won't get a CEL when they fail, so you'll need to get access to a code reader to be sure.

holymolyNc
111,000miles
Stock

Oh ok I will go head and get that check just to make sure, already seen a couple online by the way

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”