Q45 Coolant Temperature Sensor Connector

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
s14mcQ45
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45

Hi,

I'm new to the Q45 forums as I recently inherited a 1999 Q45. It was currently being repaired (coolant hose busted under the intake plenum), so the intake manifold/plenum was removed as well as the connectors to the knock sensor and CTS. I researched and found someone mentioning the coolant temp sensor harness connector, is "grouped" together with the ks sensor connectors. But for the life of me, I cannot match any of the other connectors that are "grouped" with the knock sensor. So just to be sure, did I read that correctly, or is the cts harness connector separate from the ks harness?

Thanks for the help.

Jon

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Welcome to NICO Jon!

What you've read applies to the early Q's (90-96) but does not apply to the later ones. On the later Q's, the coolant temp sensor is on the "engine control sub-harness #1", which is part of the injectors. Basically, that harness has all 8 injectors and coolant temp sensor. The knock sensor harness is part of the "engine control sub-harness #2", which has both knock sensors, the MAP/BARO solenoid, and the EGRC solenoid.

s14mcQ45

Thanks elwesso! Man, I knew I wasn't going crazy! I'll take a look at the harness when I get home. I've been taking pictures of the repair, so I'll post them up as soon as possible. I know it has been done before, but perhaps a few different angled pics could provide more clarity.

Jon

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

More/extra info is always better than not enough...!

s14mcQ45

Thanks elwesso, I was able to find the connector for the cts.

I wasn't sure if I needed to add a new thread, but it seemed logical just to add any questions I had to this one. So the harness that the knock sensors, baro/map/egrc solenoids are grouped with are mounted the bracket in the picture, but can someone point out how or what it mounts to. There's a heater pipe that runs along the valley that looks like the bracket mounts on, but it doesn't seem a perfect mount. Or does it mount to the underside of the plenum? I looked through the fsm, but it does not show how the bracket is mounted (unless I missed it). Here's a pic of where I think it mounts.

Thanks for the help.

Jon

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

What are you wanting to do with that bracket? Are you intending on replacing the harness?

s14mcQ45

No, just trying to put everything back together. I just unsure where that map/baro solenoid bracket needs to be mounted to. Before I place the intake manifold back on, I want to make sure it's not free floating under there.

Thanks!

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

the KS harness basically 'floats' down in the valley on the VH41. there is one 4-pin (only 2 are used for the KS) grey connector that attaches above the lower plenum and it (the brown harness tie) clips into the injector rail.

sevgi

@3Q Jay, Thank you for the information, I was unable to find this anywhere on the internet. I was actually recently trying to put together my sensor brackets after I replaced some knock sensors (which left my engine knocking without sending a signal to ecu). Because of the loose un-mounted connections I’m not sure that I have done a good job though. Is there any way to attack them to the body so that they don’t have to float down?

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”