Puddle of water in back seat?

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
desousa93
Car: 1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

I just bought a 99 I30 Limited and a few days ago I washed my car nothing in it no water in it or anything...

days later it rains and theres a little 1-2" deep puddle in the back seat behind the passenger seat.. :mad:

So I pulled the bench seat out and the seatbelt bolt pulled the carpet out and there was a thin puddle of and I found a rubber "plug" where it seems water is coming from..

anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it?

2f@ce
Car: 2003 nissan maxima dropped on bc coilovers

Buy some fish !! And put it in there to swim :woot:

desousa93
Car: 1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

2f@ce wrote:Buy some fish !! And put it in there to swim :woot:

Lmao...Thanks but any actual input?

OwnerCS

If it doesn't look like it could be coming in from the bottom (e.g loose rubber plug) the sunroof has 4 drain vent hoses (one on each corner) that can sometimes get blocked. The rear sunroof vent hoses can be seen from the trunk and exit the body behind the back wheels. There is a metal fitting on the end the vent hoses that sticks through a body grommet that sometimes rusts and clogs. Note the metal fitting for the passenger side is a Y pipe that joins the radio antenna drain hose with the sunroof drain hose. Usually the sunroof drain vents will carry away water from rain when 3 out of 4 hoses can properly drain. If 2 of the 4 drain vent hoses clog, I've seen water run down behind the headliner body and accumulate in the rear seat floor behind the front seats. Check the passenger side Y pipe as I have replaced a couple that rusted shut and caused water to backup in the cabin area.

malik378
Car: dvsgsgsdgdsfgsdgs

So I pulled the bench seat out and the seatbelt bolt pulled the carpet out and there was a thin puddle of and I found a rubber "plug" where it seems water is coming from..

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”