PROJECT BLACK{G50}PRESIDENT !!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
htbyrico
Car: 1996 Inifiniti Q45/ Nissan President

got my self 3 Q45s here my new project.. resealing trans and engine.. looking for anything to fix on it but all looks well.. will post detailed pics of brake down soon.. have all parts ordered from japan and waiting on DHL to deliver body parts..JDM brakes NISSAN 30MM 4 POT CALIPERS SET GT-R SKYLINE from japan on a US military Base via USPS .. a set of 2000 Nissan President headlight from japan via EMS.. here's what I've done so far.. :bigthumb:

this is my 1996 Black Q45 AKA- Black{G50}President :yesnod
here the trans.. cars got some rust but nothing i can fix.. ;)
deff leaking oil going to have to reseal that..taking the sub frame down and cleaning up some of that rust.. :ohno:
here comes out the beast.. VH45DE !! :bowrofl:
pressure washed the front up looking very clean !! :biggrin:
everything off steam washing all parts..
painting the vale covers black waiting on my boy to shot some clear on them.. :slap:

well that all for now.. parts should be coming soon.. all Jdm parts coming from Japan.. everything to do the engine is dealer and reman from auto-zone.. most of my parts are after market items and custom changed some dealer.. im on a slit budgie but this car is going to be the first president to roll around my neck of the woods !! :dblthumb: ill keep posting as i get parts and work on it.. so stay tuned !!
Last edited by htbyrico on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lokim
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45 acquired 4/25/10 w/192K
Now at 222K and going strong!

Nice! Keep us updated...

htbyrico

sure thing bro.. just got some more parts tonight.. reman starter, new water pump, reman alternator, Nissan Knock Sensor, and reman rack&pinion.. s*** not cheep.. :eek:

naes
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45

wow! i always wanted to do a president conv. for myself & keep it as a daily. Can't wait to see more!!!

htbyrico

update.. parts from japan via DHL front bumper, hood, trunk, fenders just cleared customs.. should be here tomorrow :woot: as for the headlights still nothing on the tracking number might be a other week its EMS :bs: don't really know if its fast or slow shipping.. as for the brakes just left japan and should be getting them by Saturday.. here some more pics i took today.. just got the vale-covers cleared coated.. and spent about 750.00 in parts for the motor and steering... :gapteeth:

here's the parts... :bigthumb:
pulstar plugs all i use :yesnod
rack,water pump,plugs,starter,alt,rear main seal,front seal,2 knock sensors.. :dblthumb:
got my valescovers cleared coated.. :poke:
this motor has 188k and not one drop of slug..wow.. :wtf2: checked the timing all nice and tight..who ever had this car keep up with it.. it has maching numbers on the block so its the same VH45DE that came with it.. ;)

as soon as i get more parts i will post more pics.. should be starting on the motor and trans this weekend..
Last edited by htbyrico on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marvlrose
Car: 89 VH45DE 240SX Hatch
11 Altima SR/SL Sedan
92 Geo Metro 3/5 Hatch DD

looks like things are moving along nicely, sry didn't answer this evening, I'll give you a call tomorrow. those valve covers are sexy man keep up the good work can't wait to see it all finished.

htbyrico

well well well look what the 245sx brought in.. :inout: sup bro.. glad to see your still alive.. yea them vale-cover came out a++ took my boy 10 mins to spray them.. but i been asking him to do it for days.. any ways .. yea hit me up bro sorry i called late but as you can see i get home late due to the black president.. stay tuned pro got the body parts coming tomorrow cant wait !! :crazy: ttul bro hope the fam's doing good !! :wavey:
Last edited by htbyrico on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

htbyrico

DHL update.. got half of my body parts.. the rest still at the warehouse .. customs held on them therefor there coming tomorrow.. :tisk:
here's some more pics.. enjoy :bigthumb:

DHL arrival.. :ohno:
the driver only took out 3 things i was like -- :wtf2:
its like Christmas all over again.. :woot:
there we go.. that's what im talking about... :yesnod

i only got 2 fenders and the trunk.. more to come.. stay tuned.. still waiting on brakes headlights and rest of my body parts.. new list being made.. taillights, mirrors, window visors.. chrome mudflaps.. :wavey: see you all tomorrow..

Dranom
Car: 2002 Q45

coming along nicely! Where did you buy the convertion parts? ebay?

htbyrico

yes i did.. there gave me a good deal and bought the trunk for me from yahoo japan.. i sent them the listing..

htbyrico

DHL update... should receiving the hood and front bumper today.. also got timing chain kit, lower intake gaskets, vale cover gaskets.. window visors are ordered.. have the mirrors with switch control and tail light in stock at my house from a other order i did last year.. will be posting pics later on today.. and i thank everyone for looking and commenting on my forum.. :)

htbyrico

round 2 !! DHL :facepalm: hope this is right this time!!

:ohno:
:biggrin: good its all here now !!
front bumper !!
front hood its a 1991 .. its what i can find i will get the later model soon.. funds running low.. :gotme

this weekend ill be posting as i work maybe shot some video on youtube ..goodnight everyone sorry for being late !! :sad:
Last edited by htbyrico on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCC93QT
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45

This is what your going for right? ^^^ a convertible would be sweet down in the warm bayou!

htbyrico

:cool: that would be nice but to much work and funds running a lil low... here's what im going to be looking like after im done.. :bigthumb:
Last edited by htbyrico on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

htbyrico

update putting my engine back together.. check me out !! :naughty:
:dblthumb:

brakes came in and headlights should be here in a few days.. will take some pics soon..

Dranom
Car: 2002 Q45

wow! engine looks like new!

Euphoricsoul
Car: 2005 Q45

I've been checking this post for a few days now and all I can say is WOW! :bowrofl: I wish I had your mechanical skills (and wallet :chuckle: ) to do something like that. Looking forward to seeing this as it progresses! :dblthumb:

htbyrico

thank you very much for the comment.. this weekend i did some knock sensors on a Y33 Q and a alternator on a F50 Q.. not much done on the black president.. will update in a few days..got to get my bread and butter before i cook eggs !! :naughty:
here's the brakes that came in .. and i put the new rack on the car.. up next the trans just resealing it and cleaning it up.. :bigthumb:
well everyone have a good night.. :wavey:
Last edited by htbyrico on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d.bright
Car: 1996 Q45
2003 Focus ZX3
2006 Mustang GT - Wifes Car :(

Looks good Rico, I definitely think that the President has a much more distinctive look than the stateside Q45, looks like you're taking your time and doing a good job, now if only I had a garage to work in where I had the space to take out my engine :)

htbyrico

got to do some more stuff today.. painted the intake.. waiting on clear coat...

marvlrose
11 Altima SR/SL Sedan

well I will say I am a lil envious of your engine. you really are moving quick with the car though and things are looking great. the family is doing great and i am anxious to get back to work on my 240. looking at all the progress you are making just makes me want to be working on mine more and more. your car will definitely turn some heads when rolling down the road. keep up the good work

htbyrico

thank bro sure will appreciate that... well got my engine ready to but back in !! works killing on time to do my car... heres the pics after i put the intake back on.. update on the other parts headlight are here got to pick them up from the post office.. and have other parts at home bringing them to the shop this weekend.. so in all work should be back on soon.. hope everyone likes the engine.. check out the Nissan logo on the vale-covers.. :bigthumb:
:dblthumb: ooo yea !! its play time !! :woot:
:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:
Last edited by htbyrico on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

htbyrico

update more parts are here.. just got the headlights... wow took long azz hell... well all done with the engine today just got to put it in.. here some pics enjoy :bigthumb:

still waiting on the window visors and wooden steering wheel.. and last have to buy a Kouki president front grill.. :gotme
well to next weekend.. everyone have a good night.. :wavey:

marvlrose
11 Altima SR/SL Sedan

hey Rico,

where did you buy your rear main seal, I noticed mine was leaking just before I left for leave and don't want to risk buying the wrong part from some of these not so reliable companies. rather get the right part the first time and get it done and over with as soon as I can.

thanks bro

htbyrico

marvlrose wrote:hey Rico,

where did you buy your rear main seal, I noticed mine was leaking just before I left for leave and don't want to risk buying the wrong part from some of these not so reliable companies. rather get the right part the first time and get it done and over with as soon as I can.

thanks bro
sure thing bro here the link !! it 20.93 and they take paypal !! OME ORIGINAL !!! :dblthumb:
http://discountinfinitiparts.com/parts/ ... id=1172809

EBAY OEM- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beck-Arnley-052 ... -Seal-Set- :bigthumb: /160582851113?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1995|Make%3AInfiniti&vxp=mtr&hash=item25637bda29

this is the one i bought !! ebay 2nd best to OEM.. ;)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Main-Beari ... vi-content

marvlrose
11 Altima SR/SL Sedan

htbyrico wrote:
marvlrose wrote:hey Rico,

thanks bro
sure thing bro here the link !! it 20.93 and they take paypal !! OME ORIGINAL !!! :dblthumb:
http://discountinfinitiparts.com/parts/ ... id=1172809

EBAY OEM- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beck-Arnley-052 ... -Seal-Set- :bigthumb: /160582851113?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1995|Make%3AInfiniti&vxp=mtr&hash=item25637bda29

this is the one i bought !! ebay 2nd best to OEM.. ;)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Main-Beari ... vi-content
Thanks man

htbyrico

you welcome bro.. make sure you not leaking from the housing that hold your rear main seal !! if so real seal it with high temp silicone.. you going to have to remove your oil pan... :ohno: but its shouldn't be that hard on your 245 sx.. just drop the sup-frame.. :dblthumb: let me know how it went..

marvlrose
11 Altima SR/SL Sedan

when I get back I'm just gonna pull the motor out and do everything with it out. I gotta replace the oil pan any way good thing I have a spare motor, and I will go ahead and put my powder coated valve covers and front covers on as well. just to clean things up a bit

htbyrico

that's right bro take out the beast !! :bowrofl:
that's the best way to go. guess all my work got you wanting to do yours.. :chuckle: it happend all the time !! :yesnod
keep me posted !! :wavey: got some more parts coming on Monday.. ill post pics soon !! for this weekend im putting the beast :bowrofl: back in and bolting the trans up !! :rotfl

j.hardstyle
Car: 1992 Infiniti Q45 (G50)
140,000 Miles

Your engine is like a clone of mine! Sweet!

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”