Problems replacing front shocks '99 G20

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
JohnTracy

Hello All-

I'm attempting to replace shocks on the front end of my '99 G20. I've got the factory service manual, and the removal steps simply say:

- Remove shock absorber fixing bolt and nut (to hoodledge)- Do not remove piston rod lock nut on vehicle

And then the instructions go on about after it's removed, how to remove the spring.

I've unbolted the three nuts at the top of the shock, and the large 17mm bolt that holds the bottom in place. At this point, the entire assembly is free. However, I cannot figure out how to remove the assembly from the vehicle. There are two many things in the way. I can't seem to lift the whole thing up or down, or go side to side. Even if the spring were fully compressed, I don't see how it can come out of there.

Any ideas? I've been banging my head against this for a week and know it's got to be something simple.

Thanks all-John

JohnTracy

Hi All-

I found the answer at G20.net. Here's a link, it's got a detailed outline with pictures:

http://www.g20.net/forum/showt...17422

Cheers-John

Big-Lettuce
Car: Jesus Christ, my family, & recreational time.

Sorry I was too late reading this, hit the UCA, hit the nut at bottom of shoc, brace the rotor/axle assembly, 3 nuts up top!

But you got the info on g20.net, so you're all good, -Me

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”