Power window wiring diagram

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
BomexS13

NISTECH....Do you have a power window diagram that i can look at? My windows are acting up, sometimes they work sometimes they dont. I checked the fuse and its ok, also check the wire's behind the door panels, no problems at all.

THx

NISTECH

when they are not working do you hear any noise from them?

BomexS13

NISTECH wrote:when they are not working do you hear any noise from them?

I dont here anything at all. It doesnt do anything when I press it. I checked behind the doors already and the fuses, they alll look fine to me.:help

NISTECH

you probably have a bad switch then. Do you know anyone with a 240 you can swap it from to try it out?

BomexS13

There's a possibility that I can check if there's electricity on my socket? Which lines i need to tap? I'll be replacing the whole switch for an brand new one.

NISTECH

all you can really do is check for power and ground to the switch. as it sends the signal through a control unit. Rule of thumb though on nissan power windows. There are typically three things that go wrong with them. 1) the window regulator breaks a guide and that window makes a grinding/popping noise and wont move much.2) the switch fails and more then one window is effected the windows will work sometimes but they dont more often then they do. When not working there is no noise at all. 3) The motor fails for the particular window and there is no noise except a click under the dash when trying the switch. Thise 3 failures are listed in the order of most common failure to least. There is one other possibility but it is very rare to happen. it would be the control unit under the dash. You can do a continuity test on the switch with an ohm meter if you have the wiring diag which I do not have in my possesion at the moment. and you can test the motor by supplying power and ground to the motor plug but you would need to remove your door panel to do it. it is a bipolar motor. you supply power to one pin and ground to the other [with it disconnected] then swap the connections. one way will make it go up the other down. if you do this jump test both ways and the window doesnt move that motor is dead. Usually with power and ground supplied.if its not working. you can pound the inner door near the motor and it will make it work for a temporary period of time.

BomexS13

Thanks for the info NISTECH....I'll go try those when I have time next weekend.

BomexS13

Do you know if the power from the power windows is somehow connected to the power locks? My power locks dont work either. Both of em stopped working at the same time.

NISTECH

sounds more like you blew a fuse if both went dead. the do both go through the same control module. I would take a good look at the connection on the drivers door master switch . make sure it hasnt backed out of the switch.

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”