Power steering help with single cam ka

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Jmfillin1
Car: 1990 s13 hatch

Hi, im new the forum and new to the 240 game. I purchased a 1990 hatch and am being thrown for a loop on the ps system. When I got the car it had all of the power steering stuff removed from it, and tracking down parts has been harder than I thought. The car came with the Sohc ka, and unfortunately I was Ill-advised of fitment between the twin cam and single cam. I found someone parting out a bunch of 240 parts that happened to include most of the power steering parts. Long story short, none of it fits the single cam and apparently was from a twin cam, though the guy I got it from said it was off a single cam. Ultimately I bough a damn 300.00 ps kit through Chase bays themselves. (Enjuku said they didn't provide a kit for the single cam, nor did they no of any vendors that did.) So far, I have the reservoir, all of the plumbing and lines, and the pump bracket. As far as I know, I need the pump itself, and the tensioner brackets, anything else I'm missing? And does anyone have any ka ps pump related things? Everything I see online is mostly twin cam stuff.

ca18det_boy

I'll have to check, but I think I have a spare tensioner bracket. The pump might be easier to source from a parts store or ebay though.

Jmfillin1
Car: 1990 s13 hatch

Thanks for looking man, I have ordered one from a guy on another page. Should be here on Saturday, if I run into any snags, then I'll shoot ya a pm. I appreciate it though!

Return to “240sx General Discussion”