PLEASE HELP!!

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
Jorgo
Car: Infiniti G35x 2005

I have a 2005 G35x. On the right (passanger) side front of the car, there is a clanking noise. Through little holes and small road imperfections you hear a loud deep clanking sound. I have changed the control arm and replaced the whole strut so i know its not that.. It really is driving me crazy. When i brake the sound goes away for some strange reason... and when driving over 60 mph on the highway there is a constant (sort of a constant basketball dribble) same sound but faster.... HELP PLEASE???

Starter
Car: 13 G37X sedan
11 G37S sedan

Jorgo wrote:I have a 2005 G35x. On the right (passanger) side front of the car, there is a clanking noise. Through little holes and small road imperfections you hear a loud deep clanking sound. I have changed the control arm and replaced the whole strut so i know its not that.. It really is driving me crazy. When i brake the sound goes away for some strange reason... and when driving over 60 mph on the highway there is a constant (sort of a constant basketball dribble) same sound but faster.... HELP PLEASE???
If it goes away under braking, check two things: 1)Anything related to the brakes and 2)Anything in the suspension or exhaust which may be loose and affected by weight transfer (broken shock, broken exhaust hanger, etc.).

Gilley

It could be the brake pads or shims moving around in the caliper. Also check the top nut on the strut (under the hood) to make sure it is tight.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”