Please Give Your Feedback!!! Considering Purchasing 05, 06 or 07 Murano..

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
angeleazy66
Car: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and 2003 Harley V-Rod

Hey everybody,

My Jeep is getting old, since my wife and I just had our first kiddo, it is time to get a new vehicle. So my wife is completely in love with the Murano, but we are also considering a CR-V amongst other vehicles (with the Murano at the top). I'd like to get an 07 with a low amount of miles, which will fit in my price range and still have the warranty.

After reading through some reviews on the Murano, some of the major compliments were that people love its roominess and consider it very flashy (tons of compliments). Most of the positive feedback was from people that had purchased them brand new, or from people that had owned them for less than 6 months.

The major complaints included: faulty transmissions (many fail after first 30k and 90k miles, overall weak), failed sensors, expensive tires(must replace all 4 at one time, since AWD), defective cd players, lack of ipod jacks, blind spots in mirrors, weak in adverse weather, limited power steering and handling, mileage is not as good as mfg suggested (more like 15mpg in city 23mph on hwy), ball barring and engine knock issues, many develop oil leaks in first 50 k miles, thermostat failure, many have power window issues and electrical system issues.

I guess, I would like to gain some insight as to what everyone's experience has been on this vehicle (from those of you that do own)...

Your input is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Angelo

nafddur
Car: Nissan Maxima, Nissan Murano

angeleazy66 wrote:The major complaints included: faulty transmissions (many fail after first 30k and 90k miles, overall weak), failed sensors, expensive tires(must replace all 4 at one time, since AWD), defective cd players, lack of ipod jacks, blind spots in mirrors, weak in adverse weather, limited power steering and handling, mileage is not as good as mfg suggested (more like 15mpg in city 23mph on hwy), ball barring and engine knock issues, many develop oil leaks in first 50 k miles, thermostat failure, many have power window issues and electrical system issues.
We bought our 04 SE new and - 4 1/2 years and 63K miles later - have had none of the problems you listed that a few (certainly not `many') have had, other than:

1. C pillar blind spots (not mirror blind spots) are there and take a while to get used to,2. I always use premium gas (as I do with my Maxima) which undoubtedly helps eliminate any engine knocking, and3. Tires (after 62K miles, but we could have held off another 5K miles or so) were expensive compared to others I have bought. I recently bought great tires (Cooper CS-4's) for $590 - installed and with a 2 year road hazzard warranty. Still, a tad more than I'm used to paying.

The transmission, broken seat, sensor, electrical, CD, oil leakage, low mileage, bad weather handling, etc problems haven't been experienced by us nor most Mo owners. Buy and enjoy (but get an extended warranty if it helps you sleep at night).

BudsMO
Car: Murano

Recently purchased a 2007 Murano SE with 20000 miles. It was a certified car from the NIssan dealer and I negotiated the full covered extended warranty which covers almost everything for 6 years and 100000 miles. I think that this is the only way to buy a used vehicle. (Gives better coverage than the new vehicle warranty) So far only put 2000 miles on the car with no problems. Love it!

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Another thing to consider is the Rogue, especially since you are considering the Honda CRV, as the CRV competes with the Rogue, not the Murano. In Canadian dollars, the a loaded Rogue is over $20,000 cheaper than a loaded Murano, a HUGE savings. I own the Rogue, and find it to be an excellent vehicle, with tons of functional interior space and comfort, including very roomy back seats and lots of standard options, and all the safety features you're sure to want.

If you are set on a "luxury" vehicle, then the Rogue may not be what you want, because it does not come with things like auto tailgate, and more significantly a navigation system option. But, it might be worth a look. Or, if you like the Murano class, there are lots of good competitors to look at. I would STRONLY recommend taking a look at the Hyundai Santa Fe or even the Veracruz. Hyundai has been ranking higher than Toyota and Honda in quality the past few years, and really makes an amazing product. If the Rogue hadn't been priced so nicely, Hyundai Santa Fe would've been my first choice over anything that Honda and Toyota makes.

If your wife loves the Murano, it won't hurt to test drives competitors to either a) confirm that the Murano is better than the others or b) you'll discover something you like better and maybe even find a better deal - once you drive the Santa Fe I guarantee the whole experience and the reasonable price will BLOW YOU AWAY. It's a buyers market right now, be sure to shop around before making a decision!!

themike12

i bought an 05 SL AWD just over a month ago it had 52000Km's on it and its in great shape and drives like a brand new vehicle...I haven't had it long but havent had any problems and absolutely love it, I would highly recommend the Murano to anybody

Return to “Murano Forum”