Pics of the Vert... Kandi... finally? The paint build up.

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

Ok, since I finally had some time to take recent pics (went to Lone Pine - you can see that thread in the Autox section).

After doing the suspension, etc & keeping my car mostly "under wraps", I finally got Kandi painted a little over a month ago. More detailed write up on the paint for those interested here: 240sx getting painted by Rite Way Auto Paint and Body

Basic pictures of "before":

Brought her "home" to meet Greenie:

Some surgery & let's see what she can do:

Kandi, not so fresh anymore, but ready for some major cosmetics:

Getting patched up

a few magical weeks later:

went to Horse Thief Mile & got in a lil "bumper" trouble:

went to Lone Pine for some hard parking... eerrr, I mean racing... but mostly hard parking, hahahaha:

Gotta keep true to my ricer roots & accessorize:

Custom Rear Firewall since the stock one was rusted & ugly, yum.

I'm not just n/a, I'm auto... and yes, I race it - not fast, but I'm getting there, haha.

Video of my fastest run @ lone pine:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZg2SJlDDg

dpomerico

Cas looking damn good man!! What kinda color do you call that lolz

onosqv

I call it bright *** mother ****er qv orange.

S13xCrazy
Car: 1993 240sx Vert, 1993 BMW 325i, 1993 Honda CBR F2, 1998 Infiniti Q45,

Looks ****ing kick *** dude! You are the one who got their ride 'pimped' right? Didn't know you actually abused your cars.

the wheels look ****ing sick!

BMAR240SX
Car: 1993 240sx Coupe

WTF you own the pimp my ride mobile.

Vert looks sexy AUTO FTWWWW

tennisitis
Car: 92 black convertible

Really like your roll bar.. what;s the story behind it?

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

I was nodding calmly in approval right up until I saw the auto stalk. I swear to you, my jaw dropped a little. I can't believe you did Silvia front end, roll bar, paint, body fixes, and whatever else before fixing your damn transmission

It all looks quite good though. Keep it up!

TIMELSS_vert

Let me be the first to say... FABULOUS EXPANDS FTMFW!!!!!

nice ride man, the roll bar is a bit much imo, but it gets tracked so it ok in my book! On a side note, whats up w/ the PMR whip?

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

BMAR240SX wrote:WTF you own the pimp my ride mobile.
he owned it..

irrc, he just recently sold it for like a thousand bucks lol

looks good qv... I left a comment on your youtube hehe (I'm millikant)

slip69
Car: 94 240sx convertible, 07 Dodge Charger

tennisitis wrote:Really like your roll bar.. what;s the story behind it?
same here, love the car but would love to get a roll bar like that

onosqv

tennisitis wrote:Really like your roll bar.. what;s the story behind it?
240sx Convertible Weld-in Roll Bar Kit
Loki wrote:I was nodding calmly in approval right up until I saw the auto stalk. I swear to you, my jaw dropped a little. I can't believe you did Silvia front end, roll bar, paint, body fixes, and whatever else before fixing your damn transmission

It all looks quite good though. Keep it up!
Transmission is FINE for now, thanks :P. And there's a lot of misc weird things I did, haha.
adrians_s13 wrote:he owned it..

irrc, he just recently sold it for like a thousand bucks lol

looks good qv... I left a comment on your youtube hehe (I'm millikant)
Sold for a lil less than that, actually .
TIMELSS_vert wrote:nice ride man, the roll bar is a bit much imo, but it gets tracked so it ok in my book!
Yea, not allowed on any tracks w/o it. Really helps stabilize that rear end, too.

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

BMAR240SX wrote:WTF you own the pimp my ride mobile.
Yes, he was on MTV!!! Yeah, I watched that episode.

vsiev

wow, it's looking good. It has changed a lot since I sold ya the vert. Glad to know it went to good hands.

koukicody
Car: 93 Mazda Miata

haha, saw your car at Stater Bros like a week ago. Looking good man.

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

Man... a lot of you guys are acting like you didn't know he had this car...

Anyways, you know I love your progress and am a big fan of you tracking it. The new paint looks great.

I've got a question. Do you have any pictures of how you mounted the rear diagonals of your roll bar? it looks like they're going to the strut towers... I should go scope the cage/bar threads and see.

Keep up the good work and best of luck at your next event.

onosqv

DeXteR wrote:I've got a question. Do you have any pictures of how you mounted the rear diagonals of your roll bar? it looks like they're going to the strut towers... I should go scope the cage/bar threads and see.

Keep up the good work and best of luck at your next event.
Thanks for the pic Dexter, but of all ppl, you should know how to search :P

zerothread?id=219029

^ Mine are mounted on top of the strut tower brace area. You can also mount it in front (would give a cleaner area to weld), or on the towers themselves if you angle it a bit.

So far so good, I feel safe in it, but I hope I never actually have to test to see how good it really is.

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

yeah, yeah, yeah... If I didn't have to find the rally-x picture of the coupe I probably could have found the picture of your cage.

So I guess what I want to know then is has your roll bar been certified or inspected? That box is really flimsy. I'm not convinced it would hold up in a rollover. Like I said, we're building a 4-point for Zach's vert and we'll probably build a 6-point for mine in the near future as well. I think we're going to try to mount to the strut towers.

Your rear firewall is bitchin'. We were thinking about using dimple bars back there as well.

Thanks.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Are we legally allowed to talk about your car now? Or are MTV lawyers going to decend upon us and peck out our eyeballs and remove our tongues??

That looks like a URAS Monkey Magic frontlip on your bumper. Where'd you get it? I've been searching for one (or even a knockoff) for a while now.

onosqv

^ we can talk about my orange vert all you want :P. There's really not much to talk about the greenie.

Dex, I chose the spot on the rear firewall because it seemed sturdy enuf to me - of course, no official testing in rollover, of course. No one in the SCCA has complained about my roll bar yet - considering there's a lot of ppl running the legal autopower version that bolts/welds to the wheel wells, I guess that doesn't say much.

Yea, if you are concerned, I'd definitely do it on the actual strut towers. We originally put it there because I was trying to keep minimal cutting of the oem firewall - then I decided "**** it, let's cut out the firewall", haha.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

brokeAs240sx wrote:^ we can talk about my orange vert all you want :P. There's really not much to talk about the greenie.
You didn't answer me question about the bumper lip on your vert

onosqv

Hijacker wrote:You didn't answer me question about the bumper lip on your vert
Ooops, yes, uras monkey magic style. doesn't sit as low as I want, but I guess that's good cuz I tend to plow speed bumps & dips a lot.

Kristine
Car: 1992 Toyota Paseo
1997 Nissan Altima

gawd that is sexy!

definitely love the roll bar

Z Style
Car: 93 240sx Roadster
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

brokeAs240sx wrote:^ we can talk about my orange vert all you want :P. There's really not much to talk about the greenie.

Dex, I chose the spot on the rear firewall because it seemed sturdy enuf to me - of course, no official testing in rollover, of course. No one in the SCCA has complained about my roll bar yet - considering there's a lot of ppl running the legal autopower version that bolts/welds to the wheel wells, I guess that doesn't say much.

Yea, if you are concerned, I'd definitely do it on the actual strut towers. We originally put it there because I was trying to keep minimal cutting of the oem firewall - then I decided "**** it, let's cut out the firewall", haha.
I am confused about the rear firewall you are talking about. It doesn't have one. You cut out the firewall to mount a four point or did you cut out the structural support that ASC Mclaren welded in that holds the top of the seat and the belts?

Dex, I see what you are talking about. I will be nice because this is your happy place and not say what I said in the Lab, but that is a no go. It would be a lot easier, yet I don't trust that flimsy box.

onosqv

excuse me, I meant strut tower box/brace whatever for the spot to weld.

For the rear firewall, I'm talking about the metal that the top half of the rear seats bolt to - for all intensive purposes, I would imagine it is okay to call this the rear firewall since the coupe's rear firewall is situated approximately there as well.

In any case, if you look @ the pics I took from the roll bar thread, should make sense.

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

I know what you are talking about, I just don't think that would contain a trunk fire. Haha. Anyways, good work man. It is a lot better than that gay pile of **** that West Coast built. You need the manual trans swap though and boost. I can't believe you didn't do the manual trans swap first, you are a nut.

onosqv

Let's hope I never get a trunk fire... or any fire for that matter, haha.

Yea, my buddies have been telling me to manual trans & boost for the last few years, haha.

I may go boost before manual trans too, ROFL.

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

brokeAs240sx wrote:Let's hope I never get a trunk fire... or any fire for that matter, haha.

Yea, my buddies have been telling me to manual trans & boost for the last few years, haha.

I may go boost before manual trans too, ROFL.
Do you not know how to drive a manual trans car or something?

onosqv

Z Style wrote:
Do you not know how to drive a manual trans car or something?
Nope! Isn't that great?

The 300zx I got is manual, so I got to drive that around for a lil bit. Now it's under repair, so haven't gotten much practice since.

Z Style
01 Pathfinder Overland
97 F350 Powerstroke
88 RX-7 SR20DET Swapped
14 Star Bolt

Trust me you will never go back. The only thing I like auto is trucks because it is easier pulling a trailer, but I have pulled a trailer with a manual trans truck as well. You just need to work the clutch a little better.

I will give you a tip, this is how I teach everyone. I taught my bro in like 10 minutes when he got his Z31; seriously and then he was driving on the street doing deliveries in it the next day. Starting off you do not need to touch the gas. Yes, that is correct. Unless it has like a twin disc clutch in it or something. Just slowly let the clutch out and the car will start to move. You have to feel it out, if it starts to chug push it back in a little. Repeat the process until you get it to roll and have the clutch all the way out. It is like ****ing. You can't just go at it, you need to hear and feel what the girl is doing. Make love to the car, give it what it tells you to.

Now swap the damn trans out, I have parts if you can't find them.

onosqv

ROFL, thanks for the tip. It's the same thing my friends said when they were teaching me - w/o the "****ing" part, haha.

I have access to basically all the parts, I'm just holding out as long as I can. Auto FTW!

Not that I'm faster than many ppl, but it's fun when you do beat them.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”