pauliedrft S13.4 sr20det swap.t3t4 turbo.

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
pauliedrft
Car: 91 240sx

Well i ordered it from http://www.japanesestarmotor.c...ID=45

great prices and includes shipping in the price customer service so far 5 stars price 5 stars and honesty 3 1/2 stars so far good place to order from and my motor set should be here next week .This is the engine im being sent .Ive also ordered a kaaz 2.0 lsd and a megan turbo mani . i wanted to do my gt2871r set up but seeing how my funds of imcome tax money wasnt as much as it was supposed to be im still happy .My compression number are 149 psi dry across the board .And 152 wet .

Im pretty dam excited my cherry is finally going to be popped .

Modified by pauliedrft at 5:04 PM 11/5/2009

pauliedrft

well i really wanted to drop the gt2871r in but our income tax money was short so i didnt get as much to blow lol so i still have a bunch of stuff to by i have a fmic aem wide band my other gauges .Im going to get the intake pollished for 195.00 from a company in kansas city And im going to pollish my valve cover myself at work .(were can i get the coil pak cover for my sr i want a metal one so i can have it powder coatd ) i have a lot of plans like all the bracket are getting powder coated blue i was going to change the rod bearings and stuff but with these compression numbers i really don't think ill need to but i m still dropping the pan to check everything out .And does anyone know what the stock turbo is exactly and how much hp i can get out of it with stock fuel injectors and maf . And what series it is ? but ill keep everyone posted on whats going on .

pauliedrft

Well i finalyl get my sr this mormning should be here between 8 and 9 am but i bought a kaaz 2 way and oh boy do i love it so much better than an open diff .ill take piks asap but i work nights so it may be th 3rd before i get any piks up .

pauliedrft

well here are some pics guys/gals . Now mind you im not done with the valve cover and they sent me perfect motor mounts and a tranny mount . Very clean motor cams look brand new to me . every thing clean . i will be getting it on the engine stand this thursday . I still have to check turbo and bottom end but a 5 stars for japanstar cause they sold me a great motor so far .And the hoses asrent even weather cracked they are like new .

More to come . as i get a chance to work on it .

And before anyone asks im also on nico as pauliedrft but got sick of that user name .chug:

pauliedrft

Thanks i still have to get the darn stock exhaust mani off so i can put the megan on but i still need the exhaust wrap . i will have more pics this week end .

pauliedrft

BlackZenki82;379976 wrote:sex.... what's it going in?
My s-13 of course and heres some more piks this morning now mind you im not finished with the gasket matching ,so please no bashing .And this next pik i need some help are these the coolant line hook ups for the turbo and does anyone have some piks the turbo did not have any coolant lines hooked to it or the block .All my bracket have been coated wit h the truck bed liner stuff including the motor mount brackets .

pauliedrft

FuriousZ;379996 wrote:what do you mean gasket matching?
Its one of the easiest little thing you can do your self to gain a little more air flow but be sure to leave the intake side rough (if it is smooth gas will stick to it causing problems )and smooth the shizz out of the exhaust side (helps keep carbon build up ) Now the gasket megan sent me is alot bigger than the megan manifold . so i matched it and marked the gasket with sharpie on the sides that were going to ber flush and marked it where i neede to take more off .Ive already removed upwards of 1/8th inch off each exhaust port in some ares and only minute porting on others .Its time consuming but i think it will be worth the time .After im done with the exhaust side and get it put back together im moving on to the intake . And yes as i get more done ill keep the thread going .chug:

pauliedrft

FuriousZ;380097 wrote:are you just using a dremel?

Do you vacume all the dust/shavings from there?
Tilted it on the engine stand so the dremel will shoot most of them out and then sprayed in side with carb cleaner to wash any extras out . On the intake side i will put some cotton down in there and then use double sided sticky tape to catch any extras .

Well i checked my rod bearings last night and they looked great .And did a little more work on my valve cover .

pauliedrft

valve timing;380130 wrote:do u have the stock t28 turbo ?
sent it back due to blown oil seals and no water lines hooked up or on the engine. Well i checked the rod bearings last night they all look brand new and i re torqued them to spec so everything is going well .I will be putting the bottom end back together starting tonight . I went out and bought some Toyota gasket maker for oil pans 18.00 something a tube but its good stuff . i also saturated the rod bearings with lucas oil stabilizer and threw some on the timing chain and down the oil pick up so i wont have a dry start up when i get it in the car .And yes arby's was dam good lol .Still got to clean the aluminum secondary pan .

pauliedrft

well heres some more piks and a pik of one of the rod bearings .

pauliedrft

Well some more pics .lil port on the intake side of the head .And the intake itself .And the intake side of the engine .

pauliedrft

Now some things im going to be ordering this Friday . Thermal intake gasket front main seal and rear main ,and adapter for water neck for my temp sensor .

pauliedrft

So frustrating well japan star tried to play the whole warranty thing on me in there clause but i have an email that states they will replace any broken parts . so now i have to wait until they get another 69 foo over here cause the only ones they have are s-13 t25 that are good so as far as im concerned expect a bad turbo when you order your motor form them .I told them even a 91 foo would work yank one off of the s15 sr and itl be good .Apparently those aren't any good or they just wont yank one off so buyer beware and be prepared to replace your turbo.Unless its an s-13 t25.. So i dont even know how long ill have to wait before i get my parts or the turbo .3 hours of on the phone bull **** and research.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

pauliedrft

i know i should but whats the going price on t28 bb going for ? And im thinking about having a weird ar like a .84 on the exhaust side and something higher then .64 in intake side my friend is running a .84 /exhaust and .70 intake his et up should have him a full boost at 3500rpms on a 2jzgte .i tried to steel it but he tried to run me down with his 4 runner lol so i had to give it back .lmao:freak:

pauliedrft

Man i wish they would have just pulled a 91 foo off the s15 and sent it, i sent them email for one but either there bad or they just butt holes .We will see how long it takes them to get me one they didn't tell me shiz on a time or month or year they plan on getting it to me .

pauliedrft

well im going top mount t3/t4 setup hres a little looky for what it may look like .

and i finally finished my intake polish escapade lol

pauliedrft

well i ordered it Friday my t3/t4 Garrett turbo .63 turbine and a .60 compressor .50 trim .and heres the pick..

And i will be polishing it .

And go figure i pay for this Friday morning and i get a email their finally sending my t28 and other parts back . Just my luck so the t28 will be going up for sale as soon as i get it and check it out .

pauliedrft

I already know ; and it is journal bearing and what i wanted i need to buy a 38mm waste gate and dump pipe and do custom exhaust but man i was waiting for ever for the t28 i had been hounding them for the last 4 weeks with emails (for the first 2 ) and then calling them the 3rd and this week they finally gt it sent out .And i got a decent deal 583.00 shipped brand new .chug:chug:

pauliedrft

Sell which one the t28 for the notch top or th t3 /t4 .lol If i had to rebuild the t2871r the chra is 999.00 . Now if i have to rebuild the t3 t4 its gonna cost me around 100.00 this set up is better for me im looking long term not a year from now or 6 month's .And im gonna sell the t28 as soon as i get it in . Im going to run low boost and get a dyno tune with my wide band for now and do more upgrades later to run more boost ! it just a personal preference .

pauliedrft

And here ar some pics of my turbo . Now i just need to polish it .

pauliedrft

Well heres some goodies to look at .And a little sanding being done before i polish it

pauliedrft

Finished with the polishing : exedy stage 2 will be on the way Friday the 3rd

pauliedrft

well a little update here i got my exedy stage 2 clutch in , my Greedy ras and my fuel pump my ss clutch line and i have done a little painting but here some new piks, did some anodizing of some parts hrs just the main pic ill put more up today after i install the greddy ras and fix my oil feed line .and heres my wastgate its a no name but itl work for now .

:bigok:

pauliedrft

Well i have finally got to tear into my 240 and here are some of the pics .Well that it is for now i will be working more on it Thursday and i will be doing a little welding to fix rust spots and then some stitch welding to stiffing her up then paint .I hate only having 3 days off .

pauliedrft

well little update on my project just been busy .so heres some piks .and my peak boost manifold will bee here today and ill be putting the engine in this saturday for the last time.This is it for now more to come with new manifold and it sitting in the car .

pauliedrft

Up date harness will be shipped Monday, my mani is being shipped today so next week motor should be up and running ahead of schedule ..::: and my car is getting painted tomorrow hot rod flatt black . ill post up picks when its finished .And just an update somee picks of the sr.It took me a while to coat those little washer dills . Pain in my hand literally (The wire wheel on my grinder got pulled into my hand and well road rash the size of a 50 cent piece .)

pauliedrft

i finally got my manifold back .Ceramic coating takes way to long if your in a hurry lol I hoping to have it running this week end .Please pray to the sr gods for me and wish me luck.(no more grimlins )chug:chug:chug:

pauliedrft

well its dropped in but i need to do some fabing of ic piping on the hot side and thee exhaust and my waste gate is to big .Im having fitment issues .So after i take a nap today im going to work on it some more . Its close may be another wek but man its all ben worth it .Thanks for all who have watched this build . And for the support .Now any one know vacuum for thse s14 sr20det ???

pauliedrft

Well i have some set backs i had to order a new wast gate defiantly make sure with this mani you get a tial or smaller in size .Cause anything much bigger wont fit and it will hit the frame rail .For now i went with a godspeed it is 4.37 inches tall 7psi spring and a 11lb and 15 lb and 1 year warranty .(ill be the guine pig ), the tial is 4.8 .I will upgrade later but ive already lost almost 100.00 bucks on the first waste gate . And mocking this ic piping is a pain in the arse . Especially when the in town guys want 60.00 an hour to weld em up .Sorry ill go to were i can get it done for free.But here are some picks .

pauliedrft

Heres some of the latest piks ,i took today.I got to cut my s.s. pipe down to fit my uppr coolant line. And i awaiting other parts to come in .But its getting there all the little things ad up for real I hope to start it up in the next couple weeks . :banghead: Its just not going fast enough for me .

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”