Passenger Compartment Temperature Control

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
texman33
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback

First, hello to everyone. I'm a newbie to this message board. Bought my Versa in January. This week I used the fresh air vent for the first time. Had the temp control dial at 12 o'clock, neither in the red or blue. The air intake lever was positioned for outside air, not recirculated air. After a few minutes driving hot air was coming out of the dash vents (much hotter than the outside air temperature). I moved the temperature control dial well into the blue and that cooled the incoming air down, but I thought that having the temperature control dial in the 12 o'clock position (neither red nor blue) would bring in the outside air at its own temperature, not hot air. Is this hot air normal or something I should have checked out? Thanks in advance.

BBISHOPPCM
Car: 2006 Murano S/AWD w/ Convenience Package

This is how the system ws designed, it's working as it should. When the dial is set to "middle" you're getting (theoretically) a 50/50 mixture of heated and outside air. Turning the temp. dial to full cold will bring in only outside air (with the A/C off).

motoguy128
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S - 6 Speed

This is correct. Thsi is NOT a thermostat. All the way to the cold position is 0% heat. the middle is 50%, to the left is 100%.

Also note the system ALWAYS works in this manner, even with the A/C on. So in the summer, the A/C compressor runs no matter when the heat positon is. It reheats the air after it's cooled off. The compressor cycles on and off depending on the temperature of the evaporator coils. So the hotter, more humid and faster the fan speed, the more often the compressor will cycle on. SO you will not get better mileage by turning up the temperature control in the summer. Only by switching to recirculate or reducing the fan speed.

proxim2020

Got to it before I could

Return to “Versa General Chat”